Robert Plant Album/Tour with Patty Griffin, Darrell Scott & More
JamBase
JamBase
3/26/2010 12:00 AM

Robert Plant Album/Tour with Patty Griffin, Darrell Scott & More

aburtch
aburtch
3/26/2010 08:32 AM

No Alison, but the backing band is incredible. Should be an awesome tour.

RealxGuy
RealxGuy
3/26/2010 09:55 AM

SOMEWHERE, JIMMY PAGE IS TRYING TO HANG HIMSELF. COMMON PLANT, GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY REALLY FUCKING WANT! LED FUCKING ZEPPELIN

ointment
ointment
3/26/2010 10:18 AM

^ Zeppelin is dead. This looks pretty bad ass though.

RealxGuy
RealxGuy
3/26/2010 10:59 AM

the only reason zeppelin is dead is because plant has a stick up his ass. a couple of years ago there was a reunion, and it kicked ass. not saying this wont be good, but everyone wants to get the led out.

brooklynite84
brooklynite84
3/26/2010 11:25 AM

Come on guys, leave Zeppelin the way it was, I'm personally glad they won't tour again, cause there's NO WAY it could ever live up to the old days, I'm not a big fan of Plant's solo work, but I think it's a smart move on his part not to do any Zeppelin tour...I mean did you not see The Who play the Superbowl, I had to turn the channel it was so bad, I couldn't imagine Plant attempting to sing those power notes like he used too, it would be too sad to witness. Besides we got plenty of Zeppelin records and live material from the "early daze" to keep us rolling and that's all I need:) Glad to see AZ love for the tour...

BMBnc
BMBnc
3/26/2010 11:29 AM

How much do you think these tickets would be?

Cola21
Cola21
3/26/2010 12:41 PM

Can we please finally be honest with ourselves? Zeppelin is dead, above and beyond anything else, because Robert's voice cannot do what it used to do and his voice was a crucial INSTRUMENT in the band. He is exploring and displaying the depths of his musical talent without a high-pitched moan and he's still doing a fantastic job. If Zeppelin toured, many people would lie to themselves and say it was unbelievable. Go put on How the West Was Won (specifically "Since I've Been Loving You") and tell me if you can honestly say a Zeppelin reunion would sound ANYTHING like that.

P.S. if you like Robert's backing band, check out Three Girls and Their Buddy. It's Emmylou Harris, Patty Griffin, Shawn Colvin, and Buddy Miller. Delightful stuff.

Ned8
Ned8
3/26/2010 01:16 PM

I'm so glad astute folks responded to this before the haters got to it. Hopefully, folks we see the truth and understand that Plant did a humble and classy thing. John Bonham is smiling in heaven. I wish this was tour was coming closer to me, Patty Griffith with Plant. How cool, she has such a great voice and it's timer is different from Allison who I dig so much. Got to hear some of the recordings. All the players are awesome!!!

Ned8
Ned8
3/26/2010 01:18 PM

Sorry, meant to say Patty Griffith's timber in voice is different from A Krauss..... Great week-end to all

theterriblebob
theterriblebob
3/27/2010 01:51 AM

I need to get the lead out- I eat too many kids meals toys and red paint flakes

theterriblebob
theterriblebob
3/27/2010 01:52 AM

I like how its all truck stops and trailer park communities they are playing

theterriblebob
theterriblebob
3/27/2010 01:53 AM

cept austin

zachguru
zachguru
3/27/2010 09:40 AM

ooooooo maaaaaaaan, another i-need-some-more-money-for-the-next-5-years tour. nice.

lovejahlive
lovejahlive
3/27/2010 11:48 AM

I honestly doubt if Plant has any concerns about money. If Sting is making (reportedly) $6000 a day off of just "Every Breath You Take" my guess is that Plant is in that same range. His solo stuff is still played regularly on Adult Contemporary radio and the Zep shit will ALWAYS be in heavy rotation everywhere. Add to that the marketing....He doesn't need the dough.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use