Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

22 Total Messages • Page 1 of 2 • 1 2 Next » 
The Disco Biscuits | 03.15-03.16 | Philly
JamBase
JamBase
3/24/2010 12:00 AM

The Disco Biscuits | 03.15-03.16 | Philly
The Biscuits welcome guest vocalists and musicians to celebrate Planet Anthem with mixed results...

peterdrogalis
peterdrogalis
3/25/2010 12:43 PM

thats a really poorly written review. guy trys to sound like he's old school biscuits fan and he doesn't even know their names. just generally a shabby article.

RichardHaley
RichardHaley
3/25/2010 12:49 PM

"Doesn't even know their names"? - what do you mean? I'm definitely not a big Disco Biscuits fan, but as far as I can tell the names are all right? Am I missing something?

boxofrain
boxofrain
3/25/2010 12:50 PM

"guitarist Aron Magner weaved through the tropically influenced melodies with attitude." LOL Magner plays guitar now???? Learn somethin new everyday

CoolYourJets
CoolYourJets
3/25/2010 12:52 PM

RichardHaley, Magner plays keyboards etc. if I'm not mistaken

RichardHaley
RichardHaley
3/25/2010 01:00 PM

i guess that magner/gutwillig thing was edited because i'm not seeing it?

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
3/25/2010 01:05 PM

too bad you didnt get a box of brain... keyboards can weave melodies too there big guy

danimal2
danimal2
3/25/2010 02:27 PM

man, wtf bisco??

boxofrain
boxofrain
3/25/2010 03:32 PM

Hey Bare Necessity they corrected it. It said GUITAR PLAYER ARON MAGNER last time i checked he didnt play guitar. Never stated the keyboardist couldnt weave melodies brah. So next time try to think of another way to be an A$$.

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
3/25/2010 03:45 PM

yeah pretty much my whole snarky remarky was based around your name

boxofrain
boxofrain
3/25/2010 03:58 PM

Yeah it was pathetic. that is all

karrvingwaves
karrvingwaves
3/25/2010 11:20 PM

show sounds weak just like the band. good review

dedhed6111
dedhed6111
3/26/2010 07:24 AM

Now this is where it gets interesting. . .The unified response from the fans, hardcore and casual alike, has been overwhelmingly negative for this album; But, the saving grace talked up on these boards and all over the net and in sessions nationwide has been "They're still killing it live." Now they come back to their hometown and drop a big, stinky turd like this all over the people who got them where they are in the first place, and I honestly don't know where they think they're going with this stuff. I really, really like the album, but after hearing bits & pieces of this show (I couldn't stomach the entire thing, even with Tommy on stage) it is plain as the nose on my face that these things don't transfer well into the live setting, and they are not what the fans WANT. Now we can have a crazy, non-bisco sounding disc, and still get our live fix, then there's no problems, but if they're going to start forcing the garbage that is this show onto their diehards, they're only going to alienate the people who propelled them this far into the game.

Drbeaker
Drbeaker
3/26/2010 08:26 AM

Well said dedhed. If they try to hard to crossover and forget who their real fans are they could go the way of Blues Traveler and the Spin Doctors: momentary success for a year or two at most than largely forgotten only to appear, perhaps on a VH1 special. Phish and Panic learned those lessons well 15 years ago. Never a radio hit in their careers but they can sell out MSG or a similarly sized venue 3 nights in a row because they stayed true to their fans.

Drbeaker
Drbeaker
3/26/2010 08:26 AM

Well said dedhed. If they try to hard to crossover and forget who their real fans are they could go the way of Blues Traveler and the Spin Doctors: momentary success for a year or two at most than largely forgotten only to appear, perhaps on a VH1 special. Phish and Panic learned those lessons well 15 years ago. Never a radio hit in their careers but they can sell out MSG or a similarly sized venue 3 nights in a row because they stayed true to their fans.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use