Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

10 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Drive-By Truckers: That Southern Accent
JamBase
JamBase
3/23/2010 12:00 AM

Drive-By Truckers: That Southern Accent
Fred Mills sits down with Patterson Hood to swap notes on growing up in the South, the band's new album and film, Skynyrd, the upcoming tour with Tom Petty and more....

music_man86
music_man86
3/24/2010 07:05 AM

Love the truckers, and love the Big To Do. Wish Isbell was still with them, but I like both of his solos alot too.

Chaloupka
Chaloupka
3/24/2010 09:03 AM

Go Truckers!!!

jazzfester
jazzfester
3/24/2010 09:19 AM

I am not trying to criticize the Truckers or any fans--so please take this post as a positive response to the article (we do tend to jump on each other here). I have seen these guys and listened to their music and I am not the biggest fan. However, after reading the article about the beliefs and the craft, I am a far more ardent fan because these guys some like extraordinary people from Patterson's replies. The others must be birds of a feather to work so well together.

In other news, Marva Wright passed away yesterday...and the Jazzfest cubes are out.

jazzfester
jazzfester
3/24/2010 09:20 AM

^"seem like"

moemoe6434
moemoe6434
3/24/2010 09:43 AM

Love the truckers and love their new album!

dedhed6111
dedhed6111
3/24/2010 10:14 AM

As someone who has long viewed the most recent version of Lynyrd Skynyrd as the musical equivalent of Larry the Cable Guy, I'm really glad to hear Patterson's opinion of them. I saw the Allman Brothers Band several times a year every year for a long time and then had to take several years off between 2004 - 2007 because everytime they played within driving distance they had Skynyrd with them, and I can't stand the fans, especially the racism. As a South Carolina Native I strongly disagree with the notion of "heritage, not hate" that Skynyrd wants to cultivate, I believe we would all be better served by "healing, not heritage"

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
3/24/2010 10:59 AM

keep it dirty DBTs and thanks for the times

crazynate
crazynate
3/24/2010 11:55 AM

Stoked for the show in Chicago in two weeks. Love DBT, Patterson is a badass!

JB1
JB1
4/2/2010 11:28 AM

Keep doin' what you're doin' DBT. Keeps getting better and better as the years race by. Thanks for all the good times.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use