Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

8 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Al Di Meola | 02.27 | S.F.
JamBase
JamBase
3/23/2010 12:00 AM

Al Di Meola | 02.27 | S.F.
Di Meola brings his gypsy acoustic ensemble to S.F. for a night of immaculate virtuosity...

gmoo
gmoo
3/23/2010 12:10 PM

What's a Di Meola?

titaniumstarship
titaniumstarship
3/23/2010 12:20 PM

"immaculate" is a good word to describe this music..."soul-less" might be a better one though.

mcwaltersj
mcwaltersj
3/23/2010 02:37 PM

Elegant Gypsy is a great record I wish I still had a copy.

bigworld
bigworld
3/23/2010 07:21 PM

fossil, if u mean e-copy email me at nate11lj@yahoo.com and ill send you a DL link. If u mean record record...i cant help ya out!

stuckinabeat
stuckinabeat
3/24/2010 07:19 AM

Are we talkin UM soul-less? I just ask because it seems like some gypsy jazz would have a ton of soul.

braden
braden
3/24/2010 09:03 AM

he's an amazing guitar player, no doubt, but other than the acoustic trio stuff (rtf too) so much of his work is just so cheesey (at least what i've heard). case in point, rainbow guitar and shirt unbuttoned to show off chest hairs.

he's a guy that i've wanted to like, but just haven't found much that matches my taste.

any recommendations?

mackadocious
mackadocious
3/27/2010 10:29 AM

the Return to Forever in ATL was superb. The venue was amazing; super classy and great acoustics. Al and Stanley were on fire.

if you take music seriously, study, read, play it, then you will probably appreciate Al DiMeola's technical and emotive style. i'm not sure what soul is exactly, but i feel good listening to his tunes. Check out "senor mouse" and "dark eyed tango"

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use