Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

13 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
EOTO | 03.04 | Lake Tahoe
JamBase
JamBase
3/22/2010 12:00 AM

EOTO | 03.04 | Lake Tahoe
As the anticipation for SCI's return builds, Hann and Travis deliver a slice of Burning Man...

dropNdip
dropNdip
3/22/2010 06:37 PM

i love dancing i love good vibes i love EOTO. hands down one of the better nights you can have dancing to electronic improvised dance music. that is of course if you like this style of music, if its not your thing stay home and open up the dance floor for people that want to get freaky.two thumbs up for eoto.keep it weird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gkwoodward
gkwoodward
3/22/2010 07:15 PM

Brings "a slice of Burning Man to Tahoe"? The only thing that brings a Burning Man vibe...is, well, Burning Man.

Anywho, nice to see the hardest working duo in the country get some press (again).

ao1
ao1
3/22/2010 07:57 PM

^Agreed. I have a lot of fun seeing em live. Can't wait for them to come to Boston in May.

SRPicard
SRPicard
3/22/2010 08:00 PM

So stoked to have these guys come through town. An incredible night to say the least. Here are some photos I took http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2050857&id=1135433365&l=8e708e1f7e

phi2thelip
phi2thelip
3/22/2010 08:13 PM

show was a little short but they brought it hard. at one point in the second set they dropped this crazy effect that had the deepest bass I've ever heard (and I've been to car audio comps) it definately sent some of is into a spun out holy shit moment.

dropNdip
dropNdip
3/22/2010 09:33 PM

youtube-heyoka-flying dub sauce.turn your speakers up and tell me that shit aint fat

Govindaze
Govindaze
3/23/2010 12:59 PM

I love these guys, but I have to say when they played Vegas a few weeks ago, they totally phoned it in. A complete snooze fest. I mean, people who had traveled from AZ and CA even left early. Very disappointing evening.

Really. A little effort next time guys. Please.

dropNdip
dropNdip
3/23/2010 08:29 PM

if you make or play electronica eoto is very interesting. you can learn alot by going up to the stage and checking out there equipment. evry body should start jamming and form a band with like minded people. who knows you might be very tallented and not even know it.who knows you just might be the person who knows what people want to hear. just a faded thought. go buy a micro korg(type of synthesiser).

bluesrequiem
bluesrequiem
3/24/2010 12:00 PM

Hann is such a universal drummer. I want to see him team up with Mike Dillon (playing vbraphone from Les Claypool's fancy band) and 1 other electronic producer like Deru, Nalepa, or Welder (downtempo Eskmo) and have them play a downtempo live trio / electronic / world project. That would be something....

And yes, it is really cool seeing EOTO have so much fun on stage after they play SO many shows... that is how you do it, if you want to blow up your band. play a show in a new city every night like EOTO does...

danimal2
danimal2
3/24/2010 05:19 PM

EOTO with Mike Dillon and all of further, would be a mind fuck. Cant wait to see these guys in baltimore.

grumpin
grumpin
3/25/2010 09:53 AM

I saw EOTO at Rothbury in 2008 & was blown away (i was also tripping so that mighta helped). Then I saw them after a few drinks in NYC and thought they sucked. The crowd sucked too, hardly anyone was there. I've given these guys a few listens on a few occassions and have come to the conclusion that they are over rated and boring. Just my two cents ...

dropNdip
dropNdip
3/25/2010 09:28 PM

under rated and exciting

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use