The Disco Biscuits: Planet Anthem
JamBase
JamBase
3/18/2010 12:00 AM

The Disco Biscuits: Planet Anthem

dedhed6111
dedhed6111
3/18/2010 01:48 PM

Great, great interview man. I know everybody's about to start bashing this disc, but I gotta say, I love it. downloaded it on tuesday and been listening ever since. It sounds a whole lot more like a Groove Armada album than a Disco Biscuits album, but still, I'm rockin it.

CrazyleggedDuff
CrazyleggedDuff
3/18/2010 03:43 PM

Interview? That was a review. Bisco kids are scaring me more and more

coreymbahr33
coreymbahr33
3/18/2010 10:28 PM

Nice review, chief! I digz this album, though i may not enjoy the songs as much in a live setting, I see potential for these songs being tractorbeamed and jammed the fuck out. I definately understand what they were trying to do on this album. I just hope the next album that comes out has more of their instrumental songs or songs i enjoy more: Park Avenue, Great Abyss, Papercut, Portal, Naeba, maybe throw a Strobelights in there, Catalyst, Flash Mob. Notice all the songs i say are great instrumentals and sick jammed the F*ck out, but that is why they save those songs for a live setting, because that is what makes them who they are. I definitely dig what they were exploring and going for with this album. Ill be interested to see what songs become shelved, rare treats, and what songs progress more in a live setting.

Lakai2788
Lakai2788
3/18/2010 10:51 PM

This album is awful, I like the biscuits but I'll never listen to this piece of trash ever again.

Lakai2788
Lakai2788
3/18/2010 10:52 PM

oh and also... modern album??? are you joking? was the last time you listened to a CD in 1997?

dedhed6111
dedhed6111
3/19/2010 06:59 AM

interview, review, blame the sour diesel

dedhed6111
dedhed6111
3/19/2010 07:01 AM

and i'm no "kid", i'm on the side of thirty that you won't see until your shitty band has already been defunct for several years.

electronicjams
electronicjams
3/19/2010 08:40 AM

gil is right, bisco shows are toss-ups. they either will suck or be really good.

-this album they def alienated almost their entire fanbase. if i wanted some gay ass mainstream pop i wud go to top 40 radio. when i did listen to bisco, it was to escape all that garbage. its gay that they have to be so money hungry that they need to spew out a pop album to get a bigger, more mainstream fanbase. the worst thing about it is that they think these are good songs.

WidespreadMule3
WidespreadMule3
3/19/2010 01:20 PM

Interesting take on the new album. Everything I've heard about the album has been negative so it's good to hear something else. I'm personally not a fan of the album but I could see the songs will grow into their live set.

railroadearth6
railroadearth6
3/19/2010 01:58 PM

That was a really good movie.

funkyuntz
funkyuntz
3/19/2010 04:20 PM

"(no problem imagining a Vegas disco spinning "You and I" next to Britney's "Toxic," or perhaps finding "The City" or "Big Wrecking Ball" sandwiched between videos by the Black Eyed Peas and Rihanna)"

Really? No problem imaging that? I cringe at the thought of Bisco being mixed with Britney Spears.

implicit
implicit
3/20/2010 12:01 PM

I think this album is terrible.

richardg
richardg
3/22/2010 10:05 AM

Cunt-jugal likes being an online bully

minguslax35
minguslax35
3/23/2010 08:01 PM

I think this is a great album, but I was hoping for more out of this review. No real breakdown of any of the songs, just 3 paragraphs vaguely referencing a few songs. Big fan of previous (very different) studio work, as well as the live stuff of course. Bisco has caught a lot of heat for this album, but people should take it for what it is, the band exploring new territory. They're still gonna be playing the same great live shows, just with some new interesting material mixed in every now and then. To Jimmy Red Eye, who posted above, brownie explained why the Boston show was cut short at the Brooklyn Bowl. His fault, I guess he was very apologetic. It was a tough week for the band, and they 'fans' have been real a**holes, but I for one enjoy the hell out of the new album, and what the band is doing as a whole.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use