Doors Documentary Opens April 9
JamBase
JamBase
3/19/2010 12:00 AM

Doors Documentary Opens April 9

msudtg
msudtg
3/17/2010 09:29 AM

WOW! I got to see this. This is getting me excited for Bella Vida with Robbie Krieger!

achalsey
achalsey
3/17/2010 10:03 AM

The Doors!? With Jim Morrison? He's a drunken buffoon, posing as a poet. Give me the Guess Who. They have the courage to be drunken buffoons, which makes them poetic.

CoolYourJets
CoolYourJets
3/17/2010 10:53 AM

^Seriously?

boknows
boknows
3/17/2010 11:15 AM

You CANNOT make friends with the rock stars. That's what's important. If you're a rock journalist - first, you will never get paid much. But you will get free records from the record company. And they'll buy you drinks, you'll meet girls, they'll try to fly you places for free, offer you drugs... I know. It sounds great. But they are not your friends. These are people who want you to write sanctimonious stories about the genius of the rock stars, and they will ruin rock and roll and strangle everything we love about it.

Well done ACHALSEY.

Very excited for this. Manzarek has despised Stone's movie from day 1. This should really good.

frunobulax
frunobulax
3/17/2010 12:04 PM

How can you respect a band that doesn't care enough about the music to have a real bass player? If that configuration was so groundbreaking, why don't you see any modern bands with a rhythm section composed of drums and keyboards?

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
3/17/2010 12:07 PM

^ the duo

hookahhead2
hookahhead2
3/17/2010 12:14 PM

they are out there frunobulax, but not many. i can think of one, mosier woods, and they are pretty good. i think they did fine wihtout a bass player. plus they used one on albums.

brooklynite84
brooklynite84
3/17/2010 12:40 PM

frunobulaa> They did audition for Bass players, but couldn't find anybody to fit their style and sound and you know what, they still ROCKED!!! You're an idiot if you really think that they weren't that great cause they didn't have a bass player, who gives a shit, the bass organ that Ray used was just as good, and their music sounded just as great anyway. I'm a Deadhead for life and even though the Dead and the Doors had a shitty relationship, I still think the Doors is one of the all time greatest rock bands. I can't wait for this documentary, Depp narrating the film will be an added treat, especially since he did an amazing job for Gonzo, now he needs to just hurry up and give us Rum Diary NOW!!! I'm need my Hunter fix!!!! The trailer for this docu looks amazing though, I can't wait......I just thought of why doesn't the Dead do a bio/Documentary, that would be the best

hookahhead2
hookahhead2
3/17/2010 01:25 PM

i'll add that the doors were what i believe always largely centered around morrisons lyrics/antics, not about laying down a funky groove or jamming out and taking music off on grateful dead like tangents. their approach was pretty direct; to provide a backdrop for morrison. for that reason i think manzarek was more than adequate to provide the low end. if they were ever more on a jam band or got funkier, a bass player may have been needed.

bebber
bebber
3/17/2010 02:13 PM

Greatest band ever!!.. Besides the Talking Heads of course

joew34496
joew34496
3/17/2010 05:43 PM

Almost Famous achalsey?

bigchris
bigchris
3/17/2010 06:50 PM

Looking forward to this

The Doors are one of the USA's greatest bands ever

rastarusty
rastarusty
3/18/2010 02:00 AM

Jambase hate. Fuck it, I like the doors. Doubting this film will be any good though

smiley3
smiley3
3/18/2010 08:24 AM

Soulive did pretty well without a bass player also...To the drunken Buffoon comments....Morrison states right before he dies that : "I loved America....being drunk just made it easier to deal with other drunken assholes"...something of that nature....anyone that can go to a bar and hang sober and have a good time....awesome...but I don't know many who don't get annoyed....so I can see his position

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use