Phish Perform 2 Genesis Songs at Hall of Fame Induction
PimpMCGeorge
PimpMCGeorge
3/16/2010 08:49 AM

^^ Haha yeah I didn't think they'd let him into the Waldorf Astoria in a frock

porchrind
porchrind
3/16/2010 08:53 AM

Mike's bass during "No Reply At All" was the best thing about their performance....I think they all were nervous and they were the least inspired performance of the evening (I watched thru Jimmy Cliff) The Stooges absolutely tore it up and Iggy freaked out the suits in attendance although a few hipsters got up on stage during "I'm your Dog" when prompted by Greendays singer. The Hollies rocked out for being upper 60's and 70's gents(at least they got up to perform unlike the stiff upper lip Genesis dudes, like their music but not the members) and Jimmy Cliff was simply superb, that man has got soul and a still golden voice, So Many Rivers to Cross brought tears to my eyes. This show is so much better than the grammys.....Lil'Steven was a hoot!!!

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
3/16/2010 09:33 AM

Phil did seem a but cynical

DrFunkinstein
DrFunkinstein
3/16/2010 09:53 AM

^^^ yeah, phil seemed like his typical d bag self. especially during the performances. kind of a weird stance for someone being honored

PimpMCGeorge
PimpMCGeorge
3/16/2010 11:15 AM

Phil Collins seems like a real cunty old man

Dire46daysWolf
Dire46daysWolf
3/16/2010 11:44 AM

Trey's vocals are not bad at all. Ocelot is one of his stand outs vocally off the new album. As for their performance here I though it was great!

concertconfessio…
concertconfessio…
3/16/2010 12:56 PM

While not a huge fan of either band, glad we got a Rollings Stone set at Fest 8 vs Genesis.

I agree that the band struggled with the vocals, but kudos for trying.

gandrewd
gandrewd
3/16/2010 03:38 PM

Not real impressed with their performance but it was worth it to see Gordo and Fishman in suits!

rp1guy
rp1guy
3/17/2010 04:35 AM

Paige should have sang "No Reply At All", Trey had a rough time at it

Sixmilliondollar…
Sixmilliondollar…
3/17/2010 08:51 AM

Who knew....Fishman is single handidly bringing back the sweater vest. Best part of the performance was Gordo's purple tie.

bigchris
bigchris
3/17/2010 07:06 PM

not a bad cover, despite Phil Collins grumpy looks

trey just can't sing anything like Gabriel, who has a very dynamic range

nomemory
nomemory
3/20/2010 05:42 AM

I can't help but wonder how many phish heads that have trashed Genesis in the past raced out and bought a Genesis album after seeing this.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use