Phish Perform 2 Genesis Songs at Hall of Fame Induction

rastarusty
rastarusty
3/16/2010 02:32 AM

I was out playing poker. Hoping to catch a rerun or check it out on youtube

gurgi617
gurgi617
3/16/2010 05:12 AM

both songs were played very well ...watcher of the skies is a better song (i hope phish puts it in their setlist rotation), so obviously it was better than no reply at all...trey's speech was very sincere and expressed a lot of admiration for genesis...it was cool to see members of genesis thank trey and phish...genesis is such a good band...they got what they're due last night.

mjwilstein
mjwilstein
3/16/2010 05:56 AM

Here's the video of Phish honoring Genesis:

http://www.musicvagabond.com/post/452169335/phish-honors-genesis-at-the-2010-rock-and-roll

Putnameter
Putnameter
3/16/2010 07:00 AM

Watcher of the skies was very good. It would be great to see in future setlists. Trey looked and spoke very nervously during the induction. Was it just me or did he look like he was back on something? I wanted to see him speak a little bit more confidently. Phil Collins looked like he was diggin Trey.

travis1999
travis1999
3/16/2010 07:04 AM

Don't get mad because you all know it's true,Trey did not sound good at all, his vocals were terrible, kind of hard to watch...

gurgi617
gurgi617
3/16/2010 07:07 AM

phish is never about vocals...they are not good singers...but for what they had to work with, i liked what they did

dankb23
dankb23
3/16/2010 07:12 AM

announce a summer tour already !!!!

nomemory
nomemory
3/16/2010 07:14 AM

Yeah, that was pretty good, I have a feeling both songs will make it onto future setlists. Treys vocals were Treys vocals, but it was still a good jam, and there's plenty of room for the famous phishy improv jams in each of those songs. I would've loved to hear a jam off of the lamb lies down, but what can you do. Trey did indeed look nervous, but who wouldn't have been, did you see some of the audience members? Talk about being in front of your colleagues!

hoosierhigs
hoosierhigs
3/16/2010 07:15 AM

I really enjoyed "Watcher of the Sky". I'm not about to question their choice of costumes for 8, as "Exile" was alot of fun, but "Lambs" would have been really interesting. A totally different animal.

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
3/16/2010 07:40 AM

I have to agree that the vocals were on the verge of embarrassing. Most likely because it was captured with great audio and shown with several camera angles. I've noticed a vocal insecurity in a lot of the debuts of cover songs by Phish.

I thought the speech was very endearing. Trey is such a music nerd, I love it!

And no it didn't seem like he was on something. Trey just has a nervous disposition.

tourfan
tourfan
3/16/2010 07:55 AM

What, no "In The Air Tonight?" Watcher indeed seems to offer more space for improv, and would like to catch it on the summer run. Anybody found better quality audio? Dig Page on the synth.

PimpMCGeorge
PimpMCGeorge
3/16/2010 07:59 AM

I'll tell you what though, it was pretty awesome to see Meryl Streep gettin down on some Phish

nypltow
nypltow
3/16/2010 07:59 AM

Playing for a bunch of tuxedos must be a bit of a change instead of a bunch of crusties!

DrFunkinstein
DrFunkinstein
3/16/2010 08:19 AM

How about fishman's sweater vest and boys cut? He looks like he may have been attending catholic school before the show

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use