Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

5 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Dawes/Cory Chisel | 02.23 | Arlington, VA
JamBase
JamBase
3/10/2010 12:00 AM

Dawes/Cory Chisel | 02.23 | Arlington, VA
An evening with Dawes and Cory Chisel reminds fans of the golden days of American roots rock...

rjd999
rjd999
3/10/2010 01:06 PM

well damn, i guess i screwed up! i just got put on to dawes, and their album is beautiful, i think it was right around the time of this show, haha. i had no idea that they were playing around home base, shite! great band though, very the band-esque

div1dedsky
div1dedsky
3/11/2010 08:10 AM

Just caught Dawes in NYC a couple weeks ago and left feeling so good. I love both their music and their charisma. I went to the by myself and still had a total blast and danced my ass off (to the extent that is possible). They really make for a fun time.

McPoyle
McPoyle
3/11/2010 09:49 AM

I will need to take a listen to Dawes, sounds like they are up my alley. Not having heard any of their songs, the references make me feel like I could warm up to their sound quickly. I'm huge on The Band and any textured rock n' roll sound, thanks for that tid bit RJD.

rjd999
rjd999
3/11/2010 01:58 PM

absolutely bud. They definitely have that older sounding alt-country-rock vibe going on, and their lead singer has a voice that reminds me a lot of Richard Manuel, just without the overwhelming personal demons I reckon.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use