Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

12 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Mardi Gras | 2.12-2.16 | New Orleans
JamBase
JamBase
3/4/2010 12:00 AM

Mardi Gras | 2.12-2.16 | New Orleans
JamBase goes to the Crescent City for a week of live music, parades and a raging Carnival...

bmagarro
bmagarro
3/4/2010 04:01 PM

I'm all for interesting articals about great music...but Mardi Gras was so three weeks ago

STEG187
STEG187
3/4/2010 04:10 PM

some artist's quotes that got cut for length... thanx to those who contributed!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I love New Orleans because it is the birthplace of so much of American music. It becomes evident as you explore the history and experience all of the musical flavors throughout the city's clubs, concert halls, festivals and even in the streets."

Brian Jordan- KDTU

“Mardi Gras 2010?.. "I can sum it up in 2 words, FULL RAGE!!!"

Nigel Hall- Royal Family

“This Mardi Gras, with the Saints Super Bowl, and all… beautiful, it’s a celebration like no other, man!!” Clarence “Trixzey” Slaughter

"NOLA to me is one of the only redeeming aspects of American culture as a whole. Musicians such as Buddy Bolden, Satchmo, Fess, James Black, Eddie Bo and The Meters are forefathers to the music I love today!” Adam Deitch- Royal Family

"mardi gras happens when you mix incredible culture, music, and people together, in a place as reckless as New Orleans.” Andrew Block.

Chaloupka
Chaloupka
3/4/2010 04:40 PM

Gawd I love New Orleans!

deadpig79
deadpig79
3/5/2010 05:53 AM

so glad its over. my liver will never forgive me.

jazzfester
jazzfester
3/5/2010 08:53 AM

Agreed. I have never been so happy to see Lent come.

brett397
brett397
3/5/2010 08:54 AM

I went to Mardis Gras in 2003... still to this day... the craziest time I've ever had in my life.

cmansgtpepper
cmansgtpepper
3/5/2010 11:58 AM

Nice Article. Good Shit. Thanks for Keepin track of all the crazies Getz

T-BoneWhittalker
T-BoneWhittalker
3/6/2010 09:44 AM

ahhh... how I miss NOLA!! So happy for that city and its peoples... what a great way to capture the 'Lombardi' Gras madness.

Getzie i can always count on you to make me remember the days of yore.

War IGORS, Frenchman St Block Party ragers, and Cafe Dumond (sp?) on the sunrise stumble home.

hoping to make the Fest pilgramage this year.

LiveNDirect
LiveNDirect
3/6/2010 11:16 AM

"Nicely Done" (C) Detective Jimmy McNulty-there's a Wire reference for ya BG lol

thanks for a good read bro

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
3/7/2010 12:10 PM

where are the boobs?

nobodysjam
nobodysjam
3/7/2010 06:48 PM

dang this guy had a balls to the wall PARTAY-sickdiculous review

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use