Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

14 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Orchard Lounge | 02.13 - 02.14 | NY
JamBase
JamBase
3/1/2010 12:00 AM

Orchard Lounge | 02.13 - 02.14 | NY
Two nights of Orchard Lounge at an underground venue is interrupted and moved to Club Love....

karrvingwaves
karrvingwaves
3/1/2010 05:34 PM

that sucks! but glad to see everything worked out in the end . AWESOME article though "Moreno swung his sweat-drenched hair in time with his bass line and Bowman's beard in the light-filled fog made him look like a disco Jesus." such a great line

DavidByrneMeetsJ…
DavidByrneMeetsJ…
3/1/2010 10:51 PM

great article! I live in Ithaca but have visited the former 171 Lombardy and am an acquaintance to Orchard Lounge. Lombardy wasn't pretty. It wasn't pristine. It was a loft-style 'club' in industrial brooklyn. Unfort, but truthfully, the 5.0 shutdown is not unexpected, yet still unfortunate because one or two trust fund hipsters felt over-crowded and/or under-attended.

the truth is, jam/electronica needs more of these spots. more underground. Less 24-hour news cycle know it alls and more late 90's non-electronic, underground communication. It was a great place to see a show.

What this article touches on so eloquently is the fact that rather that some scumbag promoter 'taking the flow and running' on this event, they stuck to it and re-booked another joint in less than 12 hours time.

I was not at this event or know the people involved. All I know is that I'm reading ahout on jambase because THEY DID MAKE IT HAPPEN. this could easily have been a review about shitty an event this was and how people got fvcked. Rather, it's a review with great photography really conveying the sweat and emotion involved.

You think the attendees were sweating. Think about the promoters feverishly working to find a replacement venue. This is truly a success story in our scene. I love to see this, especially considering the huge merger Electronica/livetronica/DJ's are experiencing with "our" jam scene.

this is welcomed y'all.

Big Gigantic was supposed to be at this 171 Lombardy. I was ready to go. It has since been re-scehduled to Southpaw in wake of ^^said recent events.

This article just makes me want to go even more now because of the INTEGRITY these promoters (don't hear those together much..) showed in these circumstances.

Long live underground, non-corporate and cheaper music with more freedoms!

cheers.

dsawthestone
dsawthestone
3/1/2010 11:12 PM

good thing this wasnt in chicago otherwise those cops would be fuckin dead

rastarusty
rastarusty
3/2/2010 12:00 AM

Awesome. Thanks for the review and pics. Saw them for my 21st bday for the lotus after party in rochester. It was the basement of a bar. Crowded to death but awesome. Truly underground feel to it. they had everyone dancing the whole time.

Around 3am or something the bar cut the sound while he was still jamming. He was like wtf is going on. Then they came on stage and told everyone they had to leave. The fact that it was raging until they cut the sound really said something to me. Wasn't about time or money. Just keeping the party rocking. Literally going until there were no means to keep jamming.

Would def see go again. Great time. Thanks for the review and pics

PimpMCGeorge
PimpMCGeorge
3/2/2010 06:14 AM

Fuckin' one-time, always ruining a good party

electronicjams
electronicjams
3/2/2010 07:23 AM

great to see orchard lounge getting a jambase review. I will NEVER FORGET the Halloween afterparty at the house of blues small stage. best house ive ever heard that night

electronicjams
electronicjams
3/2/2010 07:24 AM

by the way, wtf is up w/ those hula hoops? its not cheese

richardg
richardg
3/2/2010 09:24 AM

Hell yeah Byrne/Brown! Thanks for the honest words!

Hah hoops ain't only for Cheese these days :)

Jets19rule
Jets19rule
3/2/2010 10:10 AM

There's nothing underground about playing in a loft.

richardg
richardg
3/2/2010 11:53 AM

i'd be interested to hear what you think constitutes underground live music in this country/Brooklyn...

johnnygoff
johnnygoff
3/2/2010 01:29 PM

Refreshingly different review and topic here on jambase! good work raunchsauce! Long live "underground" music! === agree completely.

Sweaty, yet safe. Always the best combo.

haleybulger
haleybulger
3/3/2010 11:58 PM

yaaaah ranch u da man

mjs99
mjs99
3/4/2010 07:05 AM

viva la ranchsauce!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use