Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

10 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Albums of the Week: February 26 - March 4 Widespread Panic, Midlake, Johnny Cash
JamBase
JamBase
2/27/2010 12:00 AM

Albums of the Week: February 26 - March 4 Widespread Panic, Midlake, Johnny Cash

deceasedlavy
deceasedlavy
2/28/2010 05:11 PM

"...you might be surprised by how much of Have One On Me you'll actually find yourself willing to sit through - a complement of the highest order."

Really? Not how I describe my favorite music, but I think I get it: Joanna Newsome IS really annoying, but in her case, tolerability equals her best work yet?

Jordanonfire
Jordanonfire
3/1/2010 09:59 AM

I was hoping to see Past Lives "Tapestry of Webs" (released Feb. 23) on this list. It's an amazing album and a true art rock statement. I suggest that you guys at Jambase should get on this, stat.

snappy
snappy
3/1/2010 10:30 AM

Editor's Note: We'll have review of Past Lives in the next Albums of the Week column. And we're diggin' it...

interborojambaser
interborojambaser
3/2/2010 07:14 AM

I concur with Cook. Glad to see it's being covered. It really is an amazing album, and truly a more artistic statement than the Blood Brothers. It's good to see a band ascend in the fashion that these guys have as Past Lives.

tgcwsp
tgcwsp
3/3/2010 06:55 AM

"In Panic lore there's talk of frontman John Bell being able to control the weather"

....Really? I mean I like 'Hatfield' as much as the next guy, and JB has mojo like no other....but your predictable use of hyperbole is a little tired.

nomemory
nomemory
3/3/2010 04:01 PM

upon the suggestion of Jambase, I bought that new Toumani & Ali album, and it's great. A perfect sound to go with the morning coffee and bowl of "cereal". Thanks JB. Next on the list is the last Cash album

TSPeer
TSPeer
3/5/2010 02:21 PM

Everyone's seems real disappointed by the new Midlake. I can't say I disagree; I just feel bad doing it.

melli1bj
melli1bj
3/6/2010 08:17 AM

Where's Great American Taxi's Reckless Habits in this list?

flowerpunk
flowerpunk
3/7/2010 11:02 PM

There's some good music on this list, but not including Great American Taxi's "Reckless Habits" is a major oversight. It's a wonderful CD!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use