Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

37 Total Messages • Page 3 of 3 • « Previous 1 2 3 
STS9 | 02.18 - 02.21 | Northwest Run
jz
jz
3/1/2010 10:19 AM

Here's another way to think about the band's place of origin: When I'm traveling and someone asks me where I'm from, I say Seattle, because I live here. I was born and raised in Florida and I've lived all over the world, but now I'm from Seattle. In the same way STS9 is from Santa Cruz. And when they play Santa Cruz, you can bet they consider that a hometown crowd, maybe even as much as when they play ATL.

jz
jz
3/1/2010 10:54 AM

Here's another way to think about the band's place of origin: When I'm traveling and someone asks me where I'm from, I say Seattle, because I live here. I was born and raised in Florida and I've lived all over the world, but now I'm from Seattle. In the same way STS9 is from Santa Cruz. And when they play Santa Cruz, you can bet they consider that a hometown crowd, maybe even as much as when they play ATL.

twigburst
twigburst
3/1/2010 10:58 AM

Fuck all the haters, STS9 is the shit. There old stuff is good, and so is there new stuff. If you don't like how they play go back to lowdown with all the other jaded assholes that bitch and moan how the band's music has evolved. Its not like they don't mix it up either.

electronicjams
electronicjams
3/1/2010 12:14 PM

^Well put

dedhed6111
dedhed6111
3/1/2010 12:27 PM

"STS9 was formed in Atlanta, Georgia in the late '90s, but relocated to Northern California in late 2000"

That's from the goddamn wikipedia page, now unless you're going to go and change it so that it conforms to the error you made in writing your story, it clearly states that they are FROM Georgia. This isn't Bill Clinton trying to question the meaning of the word "IS". so stop with the bullshit semantics.

mattchu
mattchu
3/3/2010 09:38 AM

avacados and peaches...

danimal2
danimal2
5/13/2010 07:29 PM

STS9 will blow wherever they are from

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use