Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers New Album Mojo & Huge Tour

dedhed6111
dedhed6111
2/25/2010 09:27 AM

see y'all in charlotte!

gmoo
gmoo
2/25/2010 09:44 AM

My first legit concert was Tom Petty in 1999. He deserves all the success he gets.

Chickenpoop
Chickenpoop
2/25/2010 09:53 AM

I've been waiting for him to release these dates since he announced the box set cd. I'll be at the Blossom show. I may try to make it to one of the Crosby Stills & Nash dates too.

msudtg
msudtg
2/25/2010 10:23 AM

I would love to see these guys, especially with Joe Cocker or DBT... however, I will not see a live show in June that is indoors at a hockey arena... I love the Xcel energy center, but none of this stadiums are good for music!

GO OUTSIDE! its not that scary...

peaton
peaton
2/25/2010 10:48 AM

Love me some Tom Petty, but why the hell is MMJ opening for them? They could be headlining most of these venues themselves, they don't need the charity sets. Regardless, I'll be at Great Woods catching two great sets from two great bands this summer.

tourfan
tourfan
2/25/2010 11:07 AM

Well Peaton, your right, MMJ could certainly hold their own - I don't think they could fill Great Woods, but they could do well enough in Mass. But, I would much rather have MMJ open then CSN! Yuck! Those guys are sooooo old! I respect their place in music history, their music from the 70s and some from the 80s was great. Saw them last year at GOTVibes. Soul-less! These cats are just going through the motions for the jing$le. Nostalgia act! Yuck! I will buy my TP tickets to Great woods and make the trek from CT and pass on the local show. I will CT was gettin' the DBT or MMJ openers. Sorry to you fans of CSN. Like I said, respect to their songs - they just don't have it anymore.

gregboyer
gregboyer
2/25/2010 11:30 AM

I've seen Tom 3 times and it's always a great show, especially Bonnaroo 2006 (then Radiohead the next night). I definitely want to hit the Cincy show with DBTruckers but I can't get tompetty.com to open on my p.o.s. computer. Does anybody know when tix go on sale and how much. Thanks in advance. The live nation thing blows but you can't get away from it, even Wanee sold their soul. It sucks but life's too short to miss out on great shows.

jazzfester
jazzfester
2/25/2010 11:41 AM

These guys are a great live act. Even songs that I am lukewarm about on albums--yes, albums--are tremendous live. "Don't Come Around Here No More" takes on new life when performed live.

panic111
panic111
2/25/2010 12:03 PM

I've always said Tom Petty is The King

experiencejones
experiencejones
2/25/2010 12:09 PM

Nothing better than back to back nights of Petty at the GORGE!

experiencejones
experiencejones
2/25/2010 12:09 PM

I can see MMJ opening for Petty, once saw Trey open for Petty in like 2005 or 2006. It was weird but awesome.

ace34mca
ace34mca
2/25/2010 01:09 PM

@gmoo - my first concert ever was TP at Hershey in 2000. lights go down, joints sparked and the opening riff to runnin down a dream. will never forget it.

@ol jerry garcia - regarding live nation. i agree. one of my favorite tom petty lyrics is from the last dj. "they want to see how much you'll pay for what you used to get for free"

@peaton - I've only seen MMJ once but loved the show and love the okonokos live release. i'm not sure they could sell out a lot of these big arena/amphitheaters though. the show i saw was a year or two ago at san diego state campus venue (the name is escaping me right now). the venue only holds a few thousand people and it wasn't anywhere close to being filled.

Cola21
Cola21
2/25/2010 02:17 PM

Woah, woah, woah. Let me get this straight. You can't understand how music-loving, respecting new guys like My Morning Jacket would agree to share the stage in ANY context with one of the most respected, consistent, and authentic rock bands of the last 30 years? I've seen Santana, Neil Young, Clapton, the Dead, shoot...we've all been to a ton of concerts. Tom Petty is the most enjoyable concert experience I've had. This will be my 3rd or 4th and I wouldn't miss it for the world. I'm sure that's exactly what's going through all the opening acts' minds - an opportunity for a memorable run of shows with some legends.

Cola21
Cola21
2/25/2010 02:23 PM

Also, they announced that every online ticket bought, you get a digital copy of Mojo and live tracks from the summer shows at the end of the summer. That's an acceptable attempt to offset the LiveNation thing. That's a band saying...we're committing a sin...so let's get some reconciliation lined up at least.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use