Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

17 Total Messages • Page 1 of 2 • 1 2 Next » 
Yim Yames | 02.14 | Louisville
JamBase
JamBase
2/19/2010 12:00 AM

Yim Yames | 02.14 | Louisville
MMJ's frontman performs an eclectic set filled with covers and rarities on a special Valentine's Day...

jazzfester
jazzfester
2/19/2010 03:15 PM

Dear Yim,

The choice to change your name and then change the first letters does not make you provocative, erotic, or cool. It makes you seem pretentious. My opinion has nothing to do with your music.

Sincerely,

Yazzfester

hnkscrpio
hnkscrpio
2/19/2010 03:19 PM

Dear Jazzfester,

Your previous comment does not make you knowledgeable or cool, it makes you seem pretentious. Yim Yames is funny, why don't you lighten up a little?

RichardHaley
RichardHaley
2/19/2010 03:21 PM

I'm curious how messing with his name makes a person pretentious? Please elaborate if you care to? I don't think he's trying to be provocative or cool, and definitely not erotic? I think he's just fucking around... there's lots of posturing and pretentious douchery in music (particularly indie rock) but Jim is one rock start that never goes there (in my opinion). From what i can tell, dude is pretty down to earth and in it for the love.

jazzfester
jazzfester
2/19/2010 03:27 PM

Dear hnkscrpio,

For this single thread, I have changed my name to "Yazzfester." I guess it is not as funny as when "Yim" does it. I suggest the same for you--lighten up. I was not criticizing music, just expressing an opinion. I am sure that this was a wonderful night and I hope that Yim helped all in attendance spread the love and get lucky on Valentine's Day.

lovejahlive
lovejahlive
2/19/2010 03:33 PM

Down to earth people probably spend very little time bastardizing their names for kicks. But technically you could be a fuckin' douche and down to earth at the same time. So, who knows what his motivation is? Or cares?

I find it distracting and sophomoric.

lsamuel3
lsamuel3
2/19/2010 03:45 PM

maybe Jim just loves Anchorman...I believe it's called Jogging or is it yogging?

soft J's all around

I think it was pretty funny the first time I read it, now it's lost its flare. either way, Jim James is a musical genius! rock on.

kyjed48
kyjed48
2/19/2010 05:20 PM

He changed is name, temporarily, for a joke. He found out there was an obscure musician from North Carolina with the name Jim James. So, somewhat out of respect, he changed his name.

Muffinman1
Muffinman1
2/19/2010 08:07 PM

I wish i could have seen this. It sounds awesome. And if i judged bands on their names, I don't know how far I'd get in discovering any kind of music. Who gives a fuck what he calls himself?

Muffinman1
Muffinman1
2/19/2010 08:12 PM

And My Morning Jacket could change thier name to His Spring Coat and I wouldn't mind one bit. I'll still be there to support them as they slowly take over the world

barcjeff
barcjeff
2/19/2010 08:28 PM

jes, its nice

uniquelyu1
uniquelyu1
2/19/2010 10:11 PM

actually his REAL name is James Olliges, Jr.

curtbraski
curtbraski
2/19/2010 10:29 PM

Dear Yim,

You are incredible. See you in Bham and Jazzfest. Try not to break the levees with your category 5 vocals. Fuck it, if you do I'll be flying so high it won't matter.

PS. The stuffed owl in your front pocket is the shit too.

I am Highly Suspicious of all you haters. I think you just have Evil Urges and maybe One Big Holiday you'll get your Peanut Butter Pudding Suprise.

festivalsupnorth…
festivalsupnorth…
2/19/2010 10:57 PM

anyway to get a copy of the show?

walthers
walthers
2/20/2010 11:57 AM

Here you go. http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=532773

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use