Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

8 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Billy Joel & Elton John | 02.16 | CA
JamBase
JamBase
2/18/2010 12:00 AM

Billy Joel & Elton John | 02.16 | CA
Billy and Elton continue their legendary Face 2 Face tour in San Jose. JamBase captures the night...

bloggersrlosers
bloggersrlosers
2/18/2010 01:10 PM

My old college roommate just went to see these 2, and he used to give me shit for liking jambands...

beyowka
beyowka
2/18/2010 01:13 PM

Elton & Billy killed it, not just the peanut budder chocolate cookies talking. they served up some serious virtuoso piano playing that doesn't happen at every show, thinking they were making an attempt to make up for the hectic reschedule. Lots of empty seats but i had 8 with so i couldn't possibly stub 'em all down. 20-minute Rocket Man with two fakeout endings, as well as one really awesome jam in Madman Across the Water. Billy still with the revolving piano still telling the same bald jokes but no politics, surprising for a local election year; his McCain-Hillary schtick on his last tour was a sidesplitter. Scenes was an awesome reminder of Umphrey's Nashville the week before, Bayliss hit that one high note just as well if not better than the real deal (check it out if you don't believe me http://www.archive.org/details/um2010-02-05 - f'n SIIIICK). If I never hear Piano Man in concert again it will be too soon. The echoes in the Coliseum still suck, as did the crowd for the most part, only a few people getting it up for a Saturday night festive holiday. Really makes it more special when you run into the few fellow concert people really going big and raging in spite of the sea of meat puppets, makes me appreciate the usual scene even more despite the shortcomings. For example, i can't believe the promoters still go through the charade of staging the "crowd" at the rail - hilarious!

Anyone can hate but we definitely made the most of a potentially shitty situation. my crew was stoked. so glad I didn't bail for the Fox.

RealxGuy
RealxGuy
2/18/2010 01:46 PM

right before the encore Billy told a joke and Elton laughed so hard milk came out of his nose! later to find out, it wasn't milk, and Elton had to be rushed to the hospital to get his stomach pumped...poor guy, its the 3rd time this month

matthau
matthau
2/18/2010 02:00 PM

They look so FUCKIN old !

lovejahlive
lovejahlive
2/18/2010 02:06 PM

I think I'll get a tattoo of them holding hands.

Joshl92482
Joshl92482
2/18/2010 03:44 PM

Seems to me like realxguy doesnt like anything. And even if he does he needs to bash something before he prattles on.... You haters have got to be in highschool or early college. If you were older you wouldnt rag on billy joel

PimpMCGeorge
PimpMCGeorge
2/19/2010 05:45 AM

holy shit, realxguy, how can you even manage to type a sentence with so much hilarity coursing through your veins?

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use