Tropical Jam 5: Kimock, Kang Kreutzmann, Vega, Berry

rjd999
rjd999
2/12/2010 10:04 AM

Bobzilla, Kimdog, Billy K? Whew! I hope I can land a recording of that lineup

hayden4
hayden4
2/12/2010 10:56 AM

YYYYEEEE HAAWWWWWWWW MAUI has been gettin slammed with great musicians!!!!!!stoked maybe kang will kick down a tix for the hideout IN aug...........lord knows i need just one extra!!!!!!!!!!!anybody.........NO KA OI

mattchu
mattchu
2/12/2010 03:13 PM

you gotta be kidding me...

Im heading out to the big island to hop farms for at least 4 or 5 months, take it from there, but i fly out of san fran on the 15th of march, right after this string of shows will be calling it quits. Originally was gonna be out there earlier, but decided to stick around san fran for phils bday. Now this slap in the face...

well anyone out there, enjoy. Whats good with the big island music scene? I need some inside info!!

hayden4
hayden4
2/16/2010 10:19 AM

MATTCHU.......big I isnt so big on the jam scene.seem like most good bands skip big I for the more populated smaller islands,alot of local talent!!!!! but probabally not what your truely looking for.....maui seems to be the choice for most gatherings lately,but mother nature will keep you very busy on the big I,enjoy your short stay.aloha

PickinPat
PickinPat
2/18/2010 01:34 AM

Oh Yeah! Right On Dove for the Tropic Jams! Number 5 comin at us on Kauai at Kilohana. All these guys are the bomb, but many don't know Chris Berry;

master of both mbira (thumb piano)and the ngoma drum, from the Shona people of Southern Africa. He has earned the title of gwenyambira “one whose music calls the spirits” “I played for a lot of ceremonies where people would become possessed,” said Berry. “Some of the old ancestors who came back spoke to me through these people: ‘What are you doing here? There are lots of misguided people, lost and confused people, in your country. They’re killing each other there. It’s time for you to take what you’ve learned and bring it to your own country because they need it more than we need it here. That’s your job. You’re the bridge maker.’ ”

New Year's Eve on Kauai was rockin with our homeboy Billy K. hosting outragous musicians yet again on our little far away island!!!

Chris Berry, Kreutzmann, Kang, Blanchard

12-31-09 Tapaz Lounge (Lava Lounge)

http://www.archive.org/details/2b2k2009-12-31

chefdevo
chefdevo
3/12/2010 12:02 PM

!!!ALERT!!!

The Oahu show at the Waimea Valley - Pikake Pavilion is being moved as they double booked the pavilion for Saturday. They have not yet announced the new location, but if you are going you should check in to see where the new location is.

chefdevo
chefdevo
3/12/2010 12:58 PM

!!!UPDATE!!!

Hotline number for new Oahu location is 808-262-0945. All they say is that

there is a new "magical beachfront location on the north shore" and

that everyone still needs to go to Waimea Valley to park and that they will

be shuttling people to and from the new location given parking issues.

Potentially very cool if indeed it is beachfront, but pain in the ass

to have to deal with shuttles to and from.

corndawg765
corndawg765
3/21/2010 10:59 AM

Where can we get pics or video? I seen people recording

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use