Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

19 Total Messages • Page 1 of 2 • 1 2 Next » 
Them Crooked Vultures | 02.08 | NYC
JamBase
JamBase
2/11/2010 12:00 AM

Them Crooked Vultures | 02.08 | NYC
Shreds of Zep, Nirvana & QOTSA come together as one of the best rock bands in recent history...

fydo1974
fydo1974
2/11/2010 01:49 PM

VULTURES!!

RAWK!!!

deceasedlavy
deceasedlavy
2/11/2010 02:00 PM

I do hope I get to see this band at some point. But the album is just okay. Josh Homme's songwriting slide continues, and it's barely made up for by bringing in a couple of ringers for his new rhythm section. I imagine it gets much better live. The review certainly made me want to be there. I'm just so sick of reading quotes from Jones about how much like Zeppelin it is playing in the Vultures; no wonder Page/Plant didn't want him involved for their 90s reunion.

okalrightic
okalrightic
2/11/2010 03:06 PM

yeah i was less than impressed with the album, i might try to cacth these guys if they popped up at a festie, otherswise...meh

rastarusty
rastarusty
2/11/2010 03:12 PM

I would def like to see these guys. Not going to kill myself trying to track them down, but if they come nearby or at a fest I'm going to, will def check them out.

yesbuddy
yesbuddy
2/11/2010 06:35 PM

i listened to the cd 20 times and did not get it. but, on pedigree alone, i had to go see tcv. was to see zep in 1980, never saw nirvana and liked qotsa but didn't think it was necessary. so i went to roseland expecting nothing.

well, i was left in jaw dropped awe. the first 4 songs were played and i could not clap

because i was so blown away by the sound. now, this is coming from a veteran of over 1,100 concerts telling you this.(i have most of the ticket stubs to prove it)i stood right behind the sound board paralyzed. the music was so heavy.

after making it home via lirr, i tried to book a flight to atlanta to catch the show on thursday. the snow and money made that decision. instead, i booked a flight to denver on 4/19. does that tell you how much i enjoyed the rest of the show?

PimpMCGeorge
PimpMCGeorge
2/12/2010 05:24 AM

^^ Denver?! Did they turn your brain to mush?

PimpMCGeorge
PimpMCGeorge
2/12/2010 05:25 AM

Oh okay, they're playing in Denver on 4/19. I got ya.

circlelimit
circlelimit
2/12/2010 06:52 AM

This review may have just motivated me to buck up and go see these Vultures. I agree with some of the others, the album doesn't do enough for me on it's own but the live experience might be worth it. Plus, seeing Dave and JPJ on stage would be cool. Thanks to Ryan and Dino for the review.

RxStoner
RxStoner
2/12/2010 07:06 AM

Dave is an ANIMAL!!! JPJ was just there as a side attraction totally overpowered by rest of band and Josh sounds like a Queen from the stone age!!! I would go see them again just to watch Dave tear it down

groove2this
groove2this
2/12/2010 07:24 AM

this would be a good show to go see. i've been following these guys because of my love for all three bands that came together. saw them on tv a couple times and you would think that is is a three person band because the camera's wouldn't get off the three superstars. give the other guy some credit. even the photo's here don't even acknowledge him. last time i knew, it takes everyone to make the sound that you hear. just a thought, spread the love.

jimkeyes
jimkeyes
2/12/2010 07:28 AM

You really have to see them live to appreciate what this band is about. Caught them in Nashville in October, and Atlanta last night. WOW, that is all I can. JPJ is the man!

dsexauer
dsexauer
2/12/2010 10:08 AM

anyone know what that instrument is JPJ is playing with the slide, and what looks like a screen or light on it?

Govindaze
Govindaze
2/12/2010 01:15 PM

^ Read it again.

WidespreadMule3
WidespreadMule3
2/13/2010 11:55 AM

man i want to see these guys bad. they look like they kill it live and it's definitely an all star line up that's worth traveling miles to go see. hope they stick around for a while, they could pump out some classics for sure.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use