My Morning Jacket Tour with Preservation Hall Jazz Band
Costaben
Costaben
1/30/2010 09:15 AM

fiiinnaalllyyyyy

digmusiccitylive
digmusiccitylive
1/30/2010 09:35 AM

Not a single hater troll yet? I'm actually kind of disappointed. Not even a 'MyMorningJamBase' or "they're no bisco" comment? Not mad, just surprised and disappointed. As for my feelings, this is the best news of the year on the live music front. I'm hoping the fact that Yim recently recorded with Preservation Hall Jazz Band and the band is touring with them means that MMJ LP6 will have a NOLA flavor.

p.s. Now for next week, I'm hoping for an announcement of a Midnight Jacket set at Bonnaroo on the What Stage followed by Yim acoustic set with crepes and coffee being served.

nwilso
nwilso
1/30/2010 03:26 PM

will Koka Booth sell out ??

Got too many shows all at once coming on sale and I dont want to miss this one.

mattland
mattland
1/30/2010 06:26 PM

Dude, what an exhaustive tour.

Samzo
Samzo
1/31/2010 10:17 AM

more shows please!

sublimesnoboardr
sublimesnoboardr
1/31/2010 07:17 PM

more dates please.....summer?

rastarusty
rastarusty
2/1/2010 01:26 AM

Wierd. I'm surprised too. It seems even the best bands get at least some internet hate on this site.

Def pumped for this. Def more date would be appreciated but it's all good.

Jenkem_Garcia
Jenkem_Garcia
2/1/2010 05:51 AM

MMJ is terrible

lovejahlive
lovejahlive
2/1/2010 08:39 AM

Yeah. Way over-hyped on sites like this. Not terrible, but not as great as all these hipsters think they are...IMO

jimmyjetski
jimmyjetski
2/1/2010 11:12 AM

Could someone please tell me if MMJ mixes their setlists night to night on tour? I am wondering if seeing more than one show on this tour would be of any benefit. I've seen them once ( Mountain Jam 1 or 2?), They were way too loud ( sounds dumb, but it was painful), but I like all of their recent material.

rightback420
rightback420
2/1/2010 05:25 PM

I am so excited. I have been fiending for some MMJ since I last saw them. MMJ is definetly the best "rock" band out there right now, excluding Phish and Radiohead. I love how there sound has evolved since their first album. Always the sign of a great band.

curtbraski
curtbraski
2/3/2010 07:47 PM

MMJ throws down so hard... they are an incredible live act... can't wait for them to release more dates... Nashville and Louisville last year were fantastic shows. Yim is the coolest. To anyone who hasn't seen them live you should definitely make an effort to.

Jimmyjetski-last years setlists were varied not by much though but they were also pushing the new album and were also garnering a lot of new fans so i felt like they keeped it standard. On this tour, I can see them diving back into their catalog deeper since there is no new material. Shows are usually 2 1/2 hours too we'll see how this plays out with the the preservation hall openng band----> which also means horns are very likely throughout the shows

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use