Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

16 Total Messages • Page 1 of 2 • 1 2 Next » 
Yeasayer: Ambling Towards The Big Time
JamBase
JamBase
1/26/2010 12:00 AM

Yeasayer: Ambling Towards The Big Time
Yeasayer take the psychedelic haze of their debut and turn it into a sci-fi dance party thriller on one of the year's most anticipated albums. Odd Blood is set to break big in 2010...

Dbar218
Dbar218
1/26/2010 06:08 PM

I've had this album for a couple weeks now. It's awesome...

Yeasayer will break out this year for sure.

Lakai2788
Lakai2788
1/27/2010 06:07 AM

Odd Blood is def an ambitious album so I def give them credit for that but I don't really think its too great, fans of their first album may have a hard time getting into it. Its got more of an electro feel to it so I'm sure the kids will eat it up though, not to say its all bad but I don't think its very cohesive and I only really enjoyed maybe half the tracks.

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
1/27/2010 07:56 AM

Where the heck are you kids getting the album from?

all hour cymbals is in my top 20 favorite albums of all times. I'm loving the new single.

I'm bummed the drummer left. I think he had a uncanny ability when it came to the combination of acoustic drums and midi triggers.

I'll be at the L.A. show for sure.

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
1/27/2010 08:02 AM

No mention of Luke leaving the band. Anyone know the scoop on that?

braden
braden
1/27/2010 10:27 AM

The new album is amazing! Only one or two 'meh' tracks, and a great variety of style and sounds. It's really upbeat and energetic for the most part, and I've had it in heavy rotation for the past couple months. great to see the band take a step forwards on their sophomore album and put out something that's new & fresh, yet still clearly Yeasayer.

Better than the 1st one, I'd wager. Get your tix now, they are going to blow up this year.

deceasedlavy
deceasedlavy
1/27/2010 12:14 PM

Wesley--you obviously did your homework; nice interview. Based on Anand's comments, I have no idea if I'll dig the new album or hate it. Perhaps this is a clever ploy to confound expectations. I feel like I'll be going into it without excess hope now, which is a good thing. Still can't hardly wait...Note: regardless of which album you like better, this band is (or at least can be) AMAZING live. Don't miss out.

Chaloupka
Chaloupka
1/27/2010 12:59 PM

Lookin forward to hearing the new record.

bdaughert
bdaughert
1/27/2010 02:11 PM

really liked the flow and style of the fist album

the new one has felt meh on my few listens, but i believe its cause i wanted more of the previous sound and the new sound just hasnt sank in

heres hoping...

PimpMCGeorge
PimpMCGeorge
1/28/2010 07:09 AM

Just gave All Hour Cymbals a listen to yesterday for the first time and I'm glad I did. These guys are fucking dope.

Oh_mander
Oh_mander
1/28/2010 08:32 AM

. . . what Lakai said . . .

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
1/28/2010 12:01 PM

The later half of All Hour Cymbals has a Terrapin Station vibe.

soulink
soulink
1/28/2010 03:50 PM

Love Odd Blood.

Muffinman1
Muffinman1
1/28/2010 07:20 PM

Love the first album. Like the second album. Going to see them in dc and i can't wait. I've heard their shows are incredible. I feel like i might be seeing the beginings of the next Radiohead caliber band.

RedHeaven
RedHeaven
1/31/2010 02:16 PM

I love Odd Blood more than the other release. It's got the right candy. Lyrics have a little to be desired, but overall one of my favorite new listens. I just love that up to date in the now Depeche vibe, with more stratosphere bubble effect. Vocalist is terrific.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use