John Butler Trio: April Uprising Out 4/6
JamBase
JamBase
1/22/2010 12:00 AM

John Butler Trio: April Uprising Out 4/6

music_man86
music_man86
1/25/2010 09:42 AM

15 tracks, is about time somebody puts out an album longer than 10-12. JBT is awesome as well. Looking forward to this now.

dankb23
dankb23
1/25/2010 10:57 AM

JBT was awesome... i wonder what happened to the original trio... its always sad when original members get replaced...

stoops
stoops
1/25/2010 11:45 AM

i really liked the initial lineup too. i'll be optimistic about the new stuff until there's reason not to be.

kayaker247
kayaker247
1/25/2010 11:52 AM

I haven't seen the new band yet but Butler has mad chops. some tunes are kind of "pop-ish" with the hooks but the guitar work is first rate. Hopefully I'll get a chance to catch a show this year.

meyer311
meyer311
1/25/2010 12:09 PM

Nicky Bomba was actually John Butler's original drummer so he is sort of going back to his roots. I would love to see that TV show in the US.

jakeroy
jakeroy
1/25/2010 12:28 PM

Actually, the original drummer for JBT was Jason McGann along with Gavin Shoesmith on bass. This is the lineup on the albums "Three and "John Butler". "Sunrise Over Sea" featured Nicky Bomba (the current drummer) as well as Shannon Birchall on bass. "Grand National" is the only album featuring what is being referred to as "the original lineup." While I agree that the Birchall/Barker lineup the US has seen perform for the past few years has been the best incarnation of the group, it is hardly the original lineup.

rastarusty
rastarusty
1/25/2010 02:24 PM

Love it

DaKracken
DaKracken
1/26/2010 10:12 PM

John Butler talks a good game and is so positive in concert it almost seems fake but if you watch his expressions when he is jamming you see the guy is in bliss. I love his guitar style and organic sound-not groundbreaking music but super solid and delivered by tru pros. I really liked the drummer & bassist from previous tours but whomever is in the band now has got to be tight to share the stage with a guy like John Butler. His song Oceans is one of my all time favorite acoustic jams-the song builds and builds like a Tsunami with a spectacular finish-I swear I got light headed when I saw him play it-goosebumps and all-I am being lazy, what disc is oceans on? I have the Sunrise ep which has an awesome version of the beatles across the universe which is definately worth having in your collection.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use