Strange Design: CO Tour
JamBase
JamBase
1/12/2010 12:00 AM

Strange Design: CO Tour

bear22
bear22
1/14/2010 09:47 AM

is this really relevant news? i mean, Phish is playing again - who cares about their cover bands? It's frustrating to me that cover bands get press, write your own music people.

sharinagroove
sharinagroove
1/14/2010 09:57 AM

take it easy. its not like these guys make a living doing this. they love the band, theyve studied legendary shows and played them quite well. so give em a break geez

karrvingwaves
karrvingwaves
1/14/2010 09:59 AM

YES! definitely hitting up a few of these. bear22 learn to enjoy music man

bruff76
bruff76
1/14/2010 10:10 AM

I believe bear22 is just a bit jelous. He seems to be someone who makes music himself, but doesn't get much press for it. Getting stories written about the music you make is the reason why bear22 is in it. There is no satisfaction for bear22 unless someone else notices what bear22 is doing, and writes about it. So now that I've written about you bear22, are you happy?

phishphreak77
phishphreak77
1/14/2010 10:23 AM

hey bear22 -- doesn't YOUR band play covers? attempting neil young, the stones, the beatles, zeppelin... sure you have originals as well, but you should hardly be knocking someone for covering hard music to cover. not 4-chord songs that anyone can pick up in a day. i'd like to see you nail divided sky or stash. then you can talk.

folly210
folly210
1/14/2010 10:43 AM

bear22,

You should read before you write. On their website it has a link to the original music projects that they are currently working on. I guess you have no leg to stand on now.

Chaloupka
Chaloupka
1/14/2010 11:24 AM

May have to check out that Fort Collins show . . .

thwaite
thwaite
1/14/2010 01:58 PM

talking about commas? more like talking about comas. makes me wish i was still in one. good luck getting people out with that attitude.

iAMuANDwhatIseeI…
iAMuANDwhatIseeI…
1/14/2010 06:58 PM

these guys play harder, tighter, and more consistently than most any jamband, cover or not that one could come across. and bear, you're B.A. in music doesn't hold a candle to their level of musicianship. take notes...

bear22
bear22
1/14/2010 10:13 PM

chill out people. please don't assume who i am or my motivations for making music. personally, if i want to hear phish songs, i'll go see phish. just my opinion. if this is your thing i hope you enjoy the shows.

i love how when jambase promotes some promising young bands (like Big Light for example) many people bitch about them getting undeserved press. but when someone doesnt care for a cover band it entitles y'all to jump on them personally.

phishphreak77 - there are plenty of brilliant 4 chord songs in the world, some of them even written by Phish...and I teach 8th graders that can play Stash and Divided so i'm not really sure what that has to do with anything.

GStritz8
GStritz8
1/16/2010 08:12 AM

bear22, and if you cant see phish... wats the next best thing?... you say you wanna hear phish songs, well without a doubt of course youd rather hear them by the boys themselves first and foremost, but if not, why not hear them get covered?? you go to a strange design show and tell me you wouldnt have a good time. and phishphreak wasnt saying there arent brilliant 4 chord songs. thats just dumb to assume if thats wat you saw outta that. hes saying phish is a bit tougher than the typical cover. try to just enjoy things a tad more

Widespreadhammock
Widespreadhammock
1/17/2010 04:53 AM

strange design is excellent and definitely worth seeing if you're in colorado.

Danimal
Danimal
1/17/2010 07:01 AM

I'm pretty sure some of these guys have written their own music with other bands.

SkullFunk
SkullFunk
1/17/2010 10:22 AM

On the website www.thestrangedesign.com they have a link to their original music.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use