Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

51 Total Messages • Page 2 of 4 • « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 
Jam Cruise 8 | 01.03.10 - 01.08.10
cjammer
cjammer
1/14/2010 07:58 AM

Great review of Jam Cruise!! If I want to describe Jam Cruise to a friend, I will refer to this article.

"RRE played two of the best sets I've ever seen them do, and this with guest bassist Keith Moseley (SCI) filling in for the recently retired Johnny Grubb and showing incredible feel for what they do."

One thing I have issue with is Keith Moseley filling in for Johnny Grubb...It was understanding that Johnny and his wife are having a baby, not that he is retired. Can anyone clarify this?

circlelimit
circlelimit
1/14/2010 08:20 AM

Not much to add on top of what many of the previous posters have mentioned. Looks like a great time.

Very astute writing, Dennis, you offering the readers top notch work.

moephishH2O
moephishH2O
1/14/2010 08:46 AM

Great review, Dennis! Very nice to chat on the deck with you and thank you for the cd! JamCruise 8 was, by far, the best time of my life! For the rest of you music lovers our there, IT IS WORTH THE PRICE TAG! I will cut out other festivals in a heartbeat to do this again...

div1dedsky
div1dedsky
1/14/2010 08:55 AM

That's it, I gotta give this baby a shot once and for all. If any of my 97 engaged friends are reading these comments, please have your bachelor party on Jam Cruise 9.

Awesome writing as always Dennis! You're the man.

BrianKing1
BrianKing1
1/14/2010 09:15 AM

Can someone please tell me how much thier bar tab at the end of the trip was? I Chose Hollidaze over this because of cost. While on vacation, I like to drink. I can imagine that my tab woulb be at least a grand--and way too much.

Otherwise, looks like a sweet ass time and i really wish I could of been a part of it.

--Lookin forward to festival lineups in a few weeks!

ame420
ame420
1/14/2010 09:30 AM

excellent review. maybe i missed it but how does Lotus not get mentioned?

titaniumstarship
titaniumstarship
1/14/2010 09:47 AM

the Jamcruise line up makes me feel like Matt McConahy (or however the fuck you spell his name) from Dazed and Confused. lol. "I get older...and it just stay the saaame age".

theterriblebob
theterriblebob
1/14/2010 09:55 AM

This looks like the best time one could possibly have doing anything. Wow. # 8, i'd say they have themselves an institution. regarding the pix: 1) dude holding baby 2) JJ grey and Kimock are looking grey 3) dave murphey is a smooth criminal 4) dude in fairy outfit

theterriblebob
theterriblebob
1/14/2010 09:59 AM

THEY HAVE PING PONG!! Im so there

RAMBLER114
RAMBLER114
1/14/2010 11:17 AM

this was my third yr and i will say it again...this is the BEST! since i started going i dont do allgood waka or the roo or most other fests so i can save for this! and every yr its the best decision i ever made. i still hit a lot of shows but there is no need to go see a band thats on the boat before the cruise cuz there sets and collaborations on the boat will be WAY better! every1 needs to do it once and when they r goin back every yr after for more they will be glad they skimped on parties and drinks and shows throughout the year...

suz102
suz102
1/14/2010 11:54 AM

great review, Dennis. great seeing you again and celebrating your big b-day on the boat with you. Great pics too - chad and dave!

until next year.....

sitdancer
sitdancer
1/14/2010 11:59 AM

Drink prices are reasonable - depends on your drink of choice of course, but it would be hard to get up to a grand by yourself. Beer is between 3 and 3.75 depending on what you like, mixed drinks are 7.50. Bottles of wine range from 20 to 75. If you are sneaky enough, all you need to pay for is soda's, then make your own stiff ones. I only drink beer and the occasional bottle of wine during dinner and my tabs have been between 150 and 350 dollars, depending on my thirst over the last 4 years.

suz102
suz102
1/14/2010 12:06 PM

sorry to have omitted my other photog phriend too - much props to you and your great pics as well casey - love you!

rishi2
rishi2
1/14/2010 12:14 PM

jc8--perfect ultra psychadelic funky goodness with electronica reprise...wash, rinse, repeat...again and again and again...so glad i popped my cherry on JC8!...lets get some more virgins on a boat...bitch...fuck trees we climb buoys. =P The break science set was funky too...

srr4582
srr4582
1/14/2010 01:27 PM

Look at the coke booger in Jake Cinninger's nose on page 6. Haha. He must have started partying early. They do the emergency drill with the life jackets right after setting sail.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use