STS9 Live Acoustic Vid
JamBase
JamBase
1/5/2010 12:00 AM

STS9 Live Acoustic Vid

pushkin
pushkin
1/5/2010 09:13 AM

This is a good example of why I don't understand why people talk shit on them. They did get a little off there for a second with all that new stuff they were putting out, but they are just trying to be creative and come up with new stuff. They have always had talent.

drdank551
drdank551
1/5/2010 09:23 AM

The acoustic show was absolutely amazing, it was like seeing a completely different band perform. I was def one of many concerned on where the band was heading, but this acoustic set def reassured me the musicianship the band has and is committed to. Big ups to the performance and success for the band in 2010.

Dire46daysWolf
Dire46daysWolf
1/5/2010 09:35 AM

wow I actually really liked that. That's an interesting direction to take. I think the guitar player and the guy on the keys have really stepped up. Keep it coming!

zachguru
zachguru
1/5/2010 09:40 AM

wow... that video was extremely weak i have no idea what you people are talking about. they could perform jazz 10 times better 4 years ago and with electronic instruments. that is some of the weakest "acoustic" performance i have ever seen... and seriously what is with the fucking light show? weak fucking sauce... i have no idea what happened to this band, but its literally like they decided to throw away any musical talent they had about a year and a half ago... sad fucking shit sound tribe sector suck.

thatsafootballsh…
thatsafootballsh…
1/5/2010 09:42 AM

No offense and not trying to sound like a dick, but that acoustic performance sounded like absolute dog shit. That was just awful.

zachguru
zachguru
1/5/2010 09:44 AM

^ lol. thank god someone has some fucking sense.

zachguru
zachguru
1/5/2010 09:46 AM

i love the people in the audience freaking out over an uber weak performance... thats the crowd for ya. SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARDS!

CoBound
CoBound
1/5/2010 09:57 AM

GAY!

bburnett
bburnett
1/5/2010 10:24 AM

I 100% agree with zachn00b. No actually 110%. STS9 threw down some mindblowing jazztronica music every time out 5 years ago. Now, not sooo much.

stuckinabeat
stuckinabeat
1/5/2010 12:49 PM

Molly is a bitch!

wsptractor
wsptractor
1/5/2010 12:54 PM

I made it through 3 1/2 of minutes before Dr. Phil caught my attention over this. Go back to 2002 STS9. Sorry to all you sts9 fans out there but i figure if i say it enough they might get the picture.

PongmasterPhlash
PongmasterPhlash
1/5/2010 01:46 PM

It's really refreshing to know that there are so many friendly internet people on JamBase to remind me that a show which I attended, absorbed and genuinely loved was actually a giant piece of crap, based on their all-knowing evaluation of a low-quality video of a portion of one song that was shot from someone's iPhone and viewed on the internet in a 3x4 inch screen with desktop speakers.

Clearly, it is exactly the same as experiencing the sound and emotion in a state-of-the-art opera hall. Boy do I ever feel dumb for thinking that this was a night of beautiful, unique and surreal music!

thieveried
thieveried
1/5/2010 01:56 PM

sts9 is probably the easiest band to get bored with nowadays. once they started referring to themselves as 'sts9' and no longer sound tribe sector 9 they went severely downhill. but if wacked out mollied up electronica is your thing by all means....

whywaitforit
whywaitforit
1/5/2010 02:45 PM

I agree with most of the people here I can see why they use so many electronic synths and beats. I mean you can say the quality is bad but so is how simple the playing is.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use