Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

22 Total Messages • Page 1 of 2 • 1 2 Next » 
Widespread Panic | 12.30 & 12.31 | GA
JamBase
JamBase
1/1/2010 09:59 PM

Widespread Panic | 12.30 & 12.31 | GA
Widespread Panic makes a triumphant return to Georgia for one of the best NYE runs of...

squirrelbrains
squirrelbrains
1/4/2010 02:31 PM

Both nights were awesome! The lights were very pretty and a little more trippy than usual. New years with WP in ATL = good time. Yonrico Scott is a member of the Derek Trucks Band not the Allman Brothers.

joxley1
joxley1
1/4/2010 03:24 PM

Listening to 12/31 right now on panicstream.com and enjoying it immensely (btw - Mule's 12/31 is currently available for a listen as well). Chilly Water was quite the freakout and I can't seem to get enough of Jojo on 'Bust It Big'. His caterwauling cracks me up mid-boogie everytime. The taper describes the first set as "acoustic style" - I concur. I hope these guys continue on for many years. The shows at 10klf this year brought me back into the fold with a vengeance.

letstuneup
letstuneup
1/4/2010 03:30 PM

Yes these shows were pretty good. The 30th being the better musically speaking. I expected more from the "light show" because WPs website said it would be amazing or something along those lines. They really dropped the ball on that one, not that the lights matter but if you say your gonna have a great light show, spend the money and do it right. Their light rig is the same you would see a 5dollar a ticket band using just scaled up a little.

stumoog52
stumoog52
1/4/2010 04:28 PM

You sound like a real Bag of Dicks dude...

Please stay home...

Badgerboy1
Badgerboy1
1/4/2010 05:03 PM

hmm...they must have pitched the light rig they have had on this tour. Brought in a new crappy one for the new years run. Because the light show I saw last month was pretty freakin dank. Frankly i was surprised panic had that great of a light show. I was just there for the music.

phishdead2
phishdead2
1/4/2010 05:42 PM

i need some panic. its been like 2 years, so i'm waitin for a winter/ spring tour in the MW please. they owe us a few nights in Carbondale after the cancellation a few yeras ago.

TendaiCooney
TendaiCooney
1/4/2010 07:29 PM

they brought the heat!

mrunner7
mrunner7
1/4/2010 08:11 PM

Great review... "Schools got weird on "Bust It Big" with some deliciously gooey bass pedaling and the cool, cool water flew as it always does during "Chilly Water"....this custie writer really knows his sh**...I heard the lights were pretty incredible this year...and to Mr. WhineyPants McToolshed. If you really know of a band with a 5 dollar ticket that has a light rig like the Sir David and the Pan. Please point me in their direction so I can have somewhere to jam front right on my tuesday nights.

2armsteve
2armsteve
1/4/2010 08:54 PM

Great review of what was easily one of my favorite Panic runs in recent memory. As for the guy complaining about the lights - were we at the same show? From my seat the lights were awesome. Either way, both nights were great, though the 31st was far and away my favorite. I didn't see a dry eye in the house for "Expiration Day," and that has to be one of the sickest Surprise Valleys in the last few years, from the mournful guitar seque out of Arleen to the sick back and forth between Schools and Herring after the second verse. Chalk up another killer night of Panic NYE in Atlanta.

onearmsewell
onearmsewell
1/5/2010 09:17 AM

If you are going to write an article on the show, at least make it there on time. When you miss songs like Let's Get Down to Business and Tortured Artist, don't come talking to me about "mediocre throwaways," especially when you didn't see the whole set. Plus, any song played during an acoustic set is a treat. IT'S A FREAKIN ACOUSTIC SET w/o GEORGE!!!!! BE HAPPY ABOUT IT!! And whenever you mention a string of songs, regardless if there is no segue going in or out of it, you have to mention Little Kin. Other than that, it was a well written and thought out article. Oh, and for the record, Impossible is always dark and dirty!

thatsafootballsh…
thatsafootballsh…
1/5/2010 09:39 AM

The 31st is sick.

Pray4Rain
Pray4Rain
1/5/2010 09:39 AM

i've listened to the show about 3 times on panicstream.com

very tight, and well played. a great "gateway" for the panic novice. spread the spread.

happy new year everyone!

treetops78
treetops78
1/5/2010 11:48 AM

Mr Saba, you are the MAN with the camera. Excellent work my friend!

SpreadRed87
SpreadRed87
1/5/2010 04:05 PM

New years was epic!!! and i dont know about the kid who is complaining about the light show...I'm pretty sure my face is still at the phillips arena!!!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use