Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

11 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Greyboy Allstars: Northwest Dates
JamBase
JamBase
12/15/2009 12:45 PM

Greyboy Allstars: Northwest Dates
The Greyboy Allstars announce Northwest dates in early 2010. GBA hits the east coast this week and gears up for NYE in Denver.

marcsmall1
marcsmall1
12/21/2009 01:16 PM

That shouldn't matter.....We have Leftover, Yonder, Greyboys with Hot Buttered Rum, STS9, Melvin Seals and JGB, all on the same night and they're all sold out.

PimpMCGeorge
PimpMCGeorge
12/21/2009 01:20 PM

^^ Yeah the music gods really shone on Colorado for New Year's

michaeljackson
michaeljackson
12/21/2009 02:48 PM

Actually marcsmall, the only show you listed that is sold out is Leftover Salmon, but thanks anyway for playing.

moephishH2O
moephishH2O
12/21/2009 03:08 PM

woot woot! Can't wait for the Crystal Ballroom!

lovejahlive
lovejahlive
12/21/2009 03:51 PM

Thank you.

One point though- security is pretty tight at the Crystal with regards to smoking bud. I hate that. FYI

theguykeator
theguykeator
12/21/2009 04:02 PM

Greyboy NYE is going to be tits!

burntownballer
burntownballer
12/21/2009 11:18 PM

Can't believe Greyboy's doing a northwest tour and not stopping in Humboldt, like they usually do... they have a huge fan base here! There's definitely room in the schedule for a Humboldt stop, maybe Arcata or Eureka, on the way from the Bellingham show (1/23) to the San Fran show (1/30). That's why I love living here... bands always make stops here on their way between San Fran and Portland. It's awesome....

As for all you lucky Colorado folks who've been so very blessed this NYE... I know Salmon and YMSB are both playing 12/30 and 12/31, but if I lived in Colorado I would split it up and see one each night. I would hit up the Leftover Salmon show on NYE but hit the YMSB show on 12/30 because they have The Wood Brothers opening up for them (among some great others) and The Wood Brothers fucking rule! I love MMW and their awesome style of jazz, but i prefer seeing Chris Wood playing with his brother... just the two of them playing beautiful acoustic music is freakin' awesome!!! I've seen them twice, but I really wish they would tour more, expecially out west!!!!!!!

OH, and as for all of you going to the Phish run in Miami... I'm jealous, so fuck you!! (LOL, JK). Seriously though, that's the place to be this NYE... I just can't swing spending all that money to fly and spend four (or five) days in Miami. I'll just have to be happy with the fact that I got to see 14 Phish shows this year, and that's more than enough for me. But believe me... as sick as the Furthur shows will be that I'll be at in San Fran on 12/30 and NYE, it will be hard for me not to be thinking of (and envying) all my friends ringing in their New Years in beautiful Miami!

Anyway, I hope everyone out there in JamBase land has a wonderful Xmas and a equally SAFE and wonderful NYE!!

burntownballer
burntownballer
12/21/2009 11:21 PM

wow...

VERY SORRY for turning a thread on Greayboy into my own personal long ass BLAHg. I guess I just felt like rambling a little bit... oops....

binman1
binman1
12/22/2009 08:50 AM

Orgone is incredible! very dynamic with a fresh soul sound of the 70's. for those of you going to the show, don't miss the opener. they are on their way to big things and i'm going to the show more for them than the headliner.

kminator
kminator
12/22/2009 11:26 AM

Gotta agree with FatChance, Orgone is great. Caught them when I was in San Francisco, and they stand to give Greyboy a run for their money. The Allstars have been one of my favorites for years now and I can't wait to catch them again, but Orgone is pulling something together and they are in my mind the hot up-and-coming soul/funk act to watch out for.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use