Summer Camp: moe., UM Keller, Avetts, YMSB
JamBase
JamBase
12/18/2009 12:00 AM

Summer Camp: moe., UM Keller, Avetts, YMSB

bradnotbrad
bradnotbrad
12/18/2009 09:36 AM

Yes! Summer Camp 06 is going to be awesome! Again! Wait, are you saying it's the same lineup every year?

bburnett
bburnett
12/18/2009 09:54 AM

i hope the other festivals this summer are more creative than this lineup.

moephreys
moephreys
12/18/2009 10:08 AM

are you serious?

go to summer camp and tell me you didn't have a blast you guys are just hatin cuz you can't see dave a 10k

FatEleBass
FatEleBass
12/18/2009 10:08 AM

To be honest with you, I'm pretty sure the Avetts and Mule have never been at Summercamp, and Yonder only once. And nobody gives a shit about the other bands anyhow. Not that unoriginal, in my opinion. Pretty solid for their first announcement, the best names are never this early.

friendofcheese108
friendofcheese108
12/18/2009 10:19 AM

Avett Bros played last year and were phenomenal, as for Gov't Mule they have never played there and they r really nothing too special anyways we don't really need them at sCamp, this is gunna be my 6th year, and I would love to see the bands that haven't come in like 4 yrs, ALO, New Monsoon, TLG, The Breakfast, Brothers Past, soo many more! And String Cheese really should come and play espesh after they announce that they are gunna have 8-9 tour dates this summer, all ino is im gunna be at HORNING'S HIDEOUT all 3 nights for the real reunion of CHEESE!

angelfears
angelfears
12/18/2009 10:27 AM

moe fest.

Cola21
Cola21
12/18/2009 10:32 AM

Isn't it funny how the festival scene has transformed? With Woodstock, the mere spiritual power of people together listening to dedicated, educated musicians was enough to impact our country.

Then Altamont showed how forced duplication of an organic phenomenon can backfire.

And now, we bitch about which bands are going to be there. I'm starting to understand how this whole hippy thing went down the drain.

I'm not necessarily blaming you, but it's pretty ingtriguing.

Chaloupka
Chaloupka
12/18/2009 10:39 AM

Backyard Tire Fire!!

_Sugaree_
_Sugaree_
12/18/2009 10:42 AM

Thank you Cola21. WELL SAID. you all need to stop bitching and enjoy everything for what it is. Enjoy the music and soak it all in. If it doesn't interest you than so be it... try something else.

BGA1
BGA1
12/18/2009 10:45 AM

This will probably be my first complain ever on jambase. I don't care! I live in Cali. Announce Bobolink already! BOBO! BOBO! BOBO!

BrooksAQuann
BrooksAQuann
12/18/2009 10:53 AM

You already now what time it is this summer! Its straight cheese time you know they will be there son!!!!!!!!!! I Said HELLLLLLLLL Yeahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And shout out to CPORT

vega420
vega420
12/18/2009 10:56 AM

the haters on this article absolutely perplex me?? Summercamp may have the same core of moe. and Umphrey's every year----but other than that the lineup is constantly changing. Keller isn't there every year, and in the past few years there have been Claypool, Great American Taxi, Leftover Salmon, Rusted Root, MMW, Willie Nelson, Jazz Mandolin, Charlie Hunter, Blind Melon, Flaming Lips, George Clinton, G Love, STS9, Disco Biscuits, Victor Wooten,Spearhead and a host of others----so the people spouting same lineup every year are just spouting buffoonary. SummerCamp has been the best festival in the nation for at least 5 years and probably will be this year as well--well ran, not overpriced, great bands, good camping, and the vibe of the attendants is as good as anywhere i go each summer. If you haven't been--take the trip to central Illinois and check it out--I promise good times to be had by all.

chidodger
chidodger
12/18/2009 10:57 AM

FRIENDOFCHEESE- Gov't mule "really nothing too special", dude, I think they are the best band on that list. I love Moe and Umphreys, but I have seen both of those bands have "bad" shows. Can't say that Warren has ever let me down. Just having Warren there means he'll be jamming out with other bands, and if you've ever seen Warren jam with Umphreys or Moe, you know it's a pleasant surprise. Umphreys late-night Vegoose 05 highlight was Warren coming on stage to jam some led zepplin. It was killer!!!!!

cavemandan
cavemandan
12/18/2009 11:05 AM

yawn...wake me when something original happens.... coulda swopre this is same line up as all the festys every year

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use