Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

29 Total Messages • Page 1 of 2 • 1 2 Next » 
Christmas Jam | 12.12.09 | Asheville
JamBase
JamBase
12/16/2009 12:00 AM

Christmas Jam | 12.12.09 | Asheville
Warren Haynes presents his 21st Xmas Jam with Mule, Ani, Counting Crows, moe. and many more...

pointless888
pointless888
12/16/2009 07:29 PM

well written review (although a bit verbose, as am i, just not now...)

rainydayman
rainydayman
12/16/2009 07:51 PM

Thanks for the great review Fred. Nice photos too. The whole weekend was one long party. I especially liked the Crows "Rain King" on Saturday night, and my head almost exploded when they did Dylan's "You Aint Going Nowhere" Friday night. Jackie Green's "Isis" was indeed killer as was that "Fiyo on the Bayou," and Ani's "Overlap." Still, it was all some of the best music I've heard all year (and I've heard a lot). The music at Stella Blue was all good both days, most notably Corn Meal tore it up on Saturday. I hated to see it all end. I'm still catching up on lost sleep.

footie
footie
12/16/2009 11:03 PM

Nice props to Cornmeal. Great Band! Put them in the line up next year!!

booyeah0625
booyeah0625
12/17/2009 03:33 AM

One of the best articles i have ever read on this site. This event sounds like it was amazing.

Shirls
Shirls
12/17/2009 05:52 AM

Yeah - what a fantastic review

udsh
udsh
12/17/2009 06:58 AM

nice review but this was the worst xmas jam ever

Angelemerald
Angelemerald
12/17/2009 09:18 AM

Great review and great photographs. Thanks very much. My highlight was also the Rain King, both nights. Prejam with some Springsteen thrown in and the Jam with Warren playing on it.

jones4cr
jones4cr
12/17/2009 09:40 AM

Good review, nice selection of highlights, but it really can't be done justice on paper. If you have never gone to the jam, just do your self a favor and go. I have said it before, this is always the best show of the year IMO. The vibe is unreal, the season is the reason and all the musicians get it. You can't judge the jam by the line-up, just know that if Warren has an act or artist on the bill, it will be worth going every year. Where else will you see a show that lasts 8-9 hours EVERY year, with musicians like this for $50.

Cheers and happy holidays, as always THANKS to all who had a hand in the jam this year!

See ya in 2010!

CavemanUM
CavemanUM
12/17/2009 10:13 AM

true, christmas jam is always good no matter who is there. the collaborations, vibes, and enchantment of asheville will always make it a good time. that being said, this was the weakest lineup it has probably ever had

DharmaBhum
DharmaBhum
12/17/2009 10:15 AM

Danny Louis has my "Dr. Chang's Strong Man Tonic" shirt on...hahaha!

juggbigt
juggbigt
12/17/2009 11:43 AM

I agree. Best weekend of music ever. The performances were great in-part by the obvious love, admiration and pure fun that all of the artists were clearly having. I've seen moe. quite a few times and you don't see them THIS goofy on stage often. Goofy, always, but...I have also seen my share of Happy Hour's, this one W Jimmy takes the cake.

chux7487
chux7487
12/17/2009 12:21 PM

was this better than last years? i was at the last one and didnt go this year cause i was hard up for cash based on those guys fromt VT that decided to tour again.

southfork
southfork
12/17/2009 05:04 PM

I hope some kind of ghost of jambase past comes and visits udsh and CavemanUM and takes them back to a time when they didn't complain about everything that doesn't include Phish. To make any kind of negative comment about a benefit concert put on by a true Jam saint, (thank you Warren and Co.) is beyond unnecessary. The lineup looked pretty solid to me, and the write up was positive.....grinch mother f'ers.

CavemanUM
CavemanUM
12/18/2009 06:22 AM

Southfork, seriously...you are an idiot. I don't give a shit about Phish and generally stay as far away from them as physically possible. Have you seen the lineups this event has had in the past? Clearly not, because this year's was unequivocally the worst ever. If you would have actually read my post you would realize that I mentioned that it was still extremely fun and overall a good time. But I guarantee anyone who has been multiple years would agree with me. So shut the hell up

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use