Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

22 Total Messages • Page 1 of 2 • 1 2 Next » 
Garage A Trois 2.0
JamBase
JamBase
12/10/2009 12:00 AM

Garage A Trois 2.0
Revamped and renewed, Garage A Trois is back with a new album and new member, Marco Benevento. Find out what he, Moore, Skerik, and Dillon have to say about Garage A Trois 2.0...

tommont
tommont
12/10/2009 05:11 PM

the new record by GAT is very good! i love the track Fat Redneck Gangster. play it loud.

totally mayhem! thanx, guys!

moephishH2O
moephishH2O
12/10/2009 05:39 PM

Doug Fir tonight in Portland, baby!!

frinkazoid
frinkazoid
12/10/2009 05:51 PM

I was fortunate enough to see "original" garage a trois twice and The aformentioned Britters Buggin' tour with the Duo...Marco will make a perfect fit fo sho!

21mmer
21mmer
12/10/2009 06:05 PM

oh yea!!!!! garage a trois is nnnnaaaasssstttttyyyy!!!!

beatkeeper25
beatkeeper25
12/11/2009 06:25 AM

I'm not really diggin this new album. They don't really groove as much.

lovejahlive
lovejahlive
12/11/2009 08:54 AM

I'm totally bummed that we can't get over to Portland tonite..

kfk1000
kfk1000
12/11/2009 09:01 AM

"They don't really groove anymore"..... please maybe see they're new stuff before you make arrogant coments lke that. Anyways I was fortunate enough to catch them a couple times this year nola and bear creak, and each time they've produced these incredible improvised partys, Skerik's lowkey sax carves the path for each song to take off into one of benevento's signature spacey jams that can't help but grab ahold. And the writer is right on point, with the new addition of benevento and all he brings airy chord progressions, weird glitchly electronic sounds, etc combined with Dillion's xylophone gives them one of the freshest sound i've seen in years. I dont know about anyone else, but I am loving their new stuff, benevento= straight champ.

Zoso2517
Zoso2517
12/11/2009 09:55 AM

No need for the personal attacks Kfk. Dude was just voicing his opinion. Anyways...Garaj a Trois is awesome!

beatkeeper25
beatkeeper25
12/11/2009 11:28 AM

KFK, if you're gonna quote someone, atleast do it correctly. I said "they don't really groove as much" ... not "anymore". I'm just comparing to previous albums with Charlie. I'm a huge fan and bought the album the day it came out, and I did see them in the Purple Hat tent. I love Benevento's sounds, but not much a fan of his "spacey" style. I am a funk lover at heart, and I feel they lost some of their funk with the addition of Benevento. And do you even know what arrogant means? Cheers.

sandoz
sandoz
12/11/2009 12:07 PM

These guys put the "ite" in tight, friggin kill it... always, Charlie who? Stanton is a machine. Feeling a Tortoise direction with this new one. It's all coming together, y'all.

paulyblunts
paulyblunts
12/11/2009 04:08 PM

can't wait for the Bowery show. i think Marco gives them a much more heavier sound.

nomemory
nomemory
12/11/2009 04:13 PM

Oh Please Baby Jesus, how I hope that they come to FL, I've always loved this band. Would love to see hunter as well, but I have complete faith that marco will fill thems big shoes.

kjrunde
kjrunde
12/11/2009 04:15 PM

I heard at one show in SF after Charlie "left", Stanton was leading the crowd in a "Fuck Charlie Hunter" chant. Anyone verify?

Either way, heard Charlie sat in with them in Seattle this week so i hope the hatchet has been buried. Too bad my F'ing car stalled out and battery died at the venue and had to go home vs. going to the Tractor. :( I did get to see Charlie on Wednesday night at Dimitriou's Jazz Alley.

galactic44
galactic44
12/11/2009 11:12 PM

Ummm... I do believe you heard wrong Runde, I've been to every Stanton Moore thing in SF since '99 & Stanton has nothing but awe for what Charlie Hunter does, & he's a super chill cat, & so is Stanton, so.... Yeah. Never happened.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use