Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

16 Total Messages • Page 1 of 2 • 1 2 Next » 
The Black Crowes | 12.04 - 12.06 | S.F.
JamBase
JamBase
12/9/2009 12:00 AM

The Black Crowes | 12.04 - 12.06 | S.F.
The '09 tour ends with three stunning, faith affirming nights and a Phil Lesh sit-in...

bloggersrlosers
bloggersrlosers
12/9/2009 08:42 PM

I'll say animal collective is best indie/weird america/art rock band of the decade, but now that I think of it.... The Black Crowes are clearly the Rock and Roll band of the decade. Warpaint and Before the Frost...Until the Freeze, some kickass dvds, reformed in the early aughts to great reviews then two members leave and they come out stronger. Headlined numerous American festivals and had top spots at many other ones. Also unlike Phish they have toured non-stop, write better songs (and extend almost all their songs with some badass jams), change up their setlists just as much and play better covers imho

WidespreadMule3
WidespreadMule3
12/9/2009 09:06 PM

i completely agree with bloggerslosers. I love the black crowes and have been so delighted with their transition into this bluesy, jam, alt-country rock band they've transitioned into. it really seems like they've finally become the band they were meant to be. i really look forward to seeing what they put out up in the upcoming years. keep on rockin' boys!

p.s. those are some amazing pictures!

gkwoodward
gkwoodward
12/9/2009 09:17 PM

i've seen them almost 10 times over the last decade and they still are the only true american answer to the rolling stones. they are quite possibly the last rock and roll band of an era long gone since the early 1990s. they have finally transitioned into a powerhouse we all knew were capable of. they are, imho, "The Band" of the this day and age.

am i right? anyone who says otherwise hasn't seen a recent show.

the black crowes - the last dying breath of the nitty gritty.

moephreys
moephreys
12/10/2009 01:25 AM

cool they did some jams with phill. its cool cuz my friends mom who turned me onto the crowes was a huge dead head. she knows wahts up

jones4cr
jones4cr
12/10/2009 07:51 AM

My thoughts exactly MilesGone

gkwoodward
gkwoodward
12/10/2009 09:03 AM

i'm not talking about wsp. i'm saying in terms of straight up rock 'n' roll, gimme The Black Crowes or Drive-By Truckers.

Stillgroove
Stillgroove
12/10/2009 09:22 AM

Nice review, DC! The shows were excellent. I really hope they continue the 5-6 show Fillmore run tradition. The band is in top form and I anticipate some great studio material from them in 2010. Bring it!

finkle
finkle
12/10/2009 09:23 AM

Black Crowes are you kidding me????HAHAHAHA They are a fucking joke chris robinson is a whiney little bitch and I dont know how they stole luther dickinson from his own family band? They better not suffer because he is with these tools bags. The black crowes suck balls I saw them one time and we all got up and walked out after two songs because it was the most boring bluesy wannabe bullshit....we all laughed and dipped right out.....hahahah. Group consensus not even one person said no wait this is good. I dont know why people like that shit....your a bitch but I like the way you fuck me? Come on these guys are like almost famous theyre just a bunch of idiot getting more pussy that they know what to do with.

THUMBS DOWN>>>>>PHIL IS JUST BEING NICE TO THEM>>>>HAHAHAHA

karrvingwaves
karrvingwaves
12/10/2009 09:40 AM

finkle chill. I dont mind the Crowes they throw down. Where are the pics of Phil though?

CoolYourJets
CoolYourJets
12/10/2009 09:44 AM

Luther is the best thing that has happened to these guys. Shredder.

snappy
snappy
12/10/2009 10:26 AM

Editor's Note: No Phil pics because photographers only get to shoot first two songs of the set. Sorry, folks. He had a big smile on his face and was playing his tail off, too.

crowesfan
crowesfan
12/10/2009 11:47 AM

Wish I could have been there. They always tear it up when they play the Fillmore.

cofor20
cofor20
12/10/2009 01:35 PM

Nobody does it like the crowes...

what a great run. and grateful for the encore.

...waiting for my next TBC show.

irtimed
irtimed
12/10/2009 02:19 PM

Finkle just needs a hug.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use