Let Brett Dennen Plan Your NYE
JamBase
JamBase
12/7/2009 12:00 AM

Let Brett Dennen Plan Your NYE

NotUntilMyDyingD…
NotUntilMyDyingD…
12/8/2009 12:45 PM

no more articles on brett dennen please.

bigchris
bigchris
12/8/2009 01:11 PM

"day with a daywalker"

or

"I'll be your Ginger on NYE"

boknows
boknows
12/8/2009 01:26 PM

I would hope the ALO is the headliner and not the opener for Brett. I like Brett but its ALO and it's the Bay area.

galactic44
galactic44
12/8/2009 01:51 PM

Ummm.... Oakland is 5 min away from SF, I know because I live 5 minutes from the Bay Bridge in Oakland & my fiancee carpools into her office in downtown SF in 10 minutes. As far as the food/ hotel listings, it looks like he flipped open the yellow pages & took 10 close listings. He DID get some right, ie: my friend's AWESOME wine bar & restaurant, the Franklin Street Wine Bar, and it's amazing older sister Luka's across the street, with things like Delirium Tremons on tap!! Like Belgian beer??? http://www.thetrappist.com/ 180 belgians by the bottle & another 20 on tap! And of course, the restaurant where I am technically Chef (though I am out on workers comp having hand surgery) B restaurant & bar http://www.boakland.com/index.html

POTKETTLEB1ACK
POTKETTLEB1ACK
12/8/2009 02:28 PM

im against hate and all but with NotUntilMyDyingDay - brett dennan sucks ass please no more

bigfro
bigfro
12/8/2009 02:39 PM

DOes he offer Further tickets also, so I don't have to sit through his band

PimpMCGeorge
PimpMCGeorge
12/8/2009 07:28 PM

^^ Haha

bigchris
bigchris
12/9/2009 10:02 PM

http://www.jlowman.com/Gingerkids.htm

ronpaul
ronpaul
12/10/2009 07:51 AM

Just saw Brett and was skeptical. Enjoyed myself thoroughly and even met a lovely lady who unfortunately is married. Oh well. I would recommend Brett to everyone. His live show had kind of a Paul Simonish caribbean feel to it. Its not Phish, but is good, fun music.

RedHeaven
RedHeaven
12/10/2009 08:51 PM

Hey now Im not a huge Brett Dennon fan (love his voice, do NOT like his songwriting) but his NYE show is going to be a ton of fun I bet. ALO are party masters, and theyre friends with Brett so Im sure a lot of collaboration will take place that will raise this to be a more stellar type of Brett show. ALO is actually from Santa Barbara and Brett is from the Modesto area so if you want to get down to geography, Brett is a closer SF native than ALO. Either way, they are all deserving of a fun west coast NYE party and it will no doubt be well done and over the top.

RedHeaven
RedHeaven
12/10/2009 08:58 PM

Also, I think you would all be a little nicer about Brett Dennon if you had been going to norcal festivals and shows for the last 5 years. In 2004, he opened for Hot Buttered Rum in Chico and I thought he was cool for being himself and unusual at the time. The dude got pretty darn big in the last 5 years and a lot of bands out west are supportive and happy for him. He did a TON of stoking bands back then, he was always going all out for the small bands...sat in with Blue Turtle Seduction and ALO and many others....to have him headline a place like the Fox is pretty amazing! I can appreciate it even though I am not a big fan.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use