Sat Eye Candy: Velvet Underground

astroworms
astroworms
12/5/2009 11:30 PM

yeah

kirkbrew
kirkbrew
12/6/2009 11:32 AM

Amazing how many cameras they had going and War-whore's concept of multi media that there is really no good video of this band when they were in their prime.

garrettgsell
garrettgsell
12/6/2009 12:28 PM

Thanks Jambase for giving this band some props

getonthis
getonthis
12/6/2009 03:34 PM

The Black Crowes do a real nice cover of "O Sweet Nuthin'" on their new dvd with Rich taking the lead vocals and Luther tearing it up. Definately check it out.

TheLotMessiah
TheLotMessiah
12/6/2009 08:03 PM

Sadly, this most important slice of music history will go lost on most jambasers.

Just got the deluxe edition of 'Loaded'.

Surely one of the more interesting CD's any band has ever gifted our ears.

rainydaywomen420
rainydaywomen420
12/6/2009 11:32 PM

very well may be the best band ever.

aquariumdrunk
aquariumdrunk
12/7/2009 11:33 AM

"Just got the deluxe edition of 'Loaded'.

Surely one of the more interesting CD's any band has ever gifted our ears."

Loaded, while a great album, is easily their most UNinteresting release. It's Lou's pop album, which is wonderful, but far from anything I'd refer to as "interesting." If you're looking for interesting music and true trips into uncharted waters, though, you'd be better served with a copy of White Light/White Heat or the two albums it's sandwiched between.

21mmer
21mmer
12/7/2009 02:45 PM

TheLotMessiah 12/6/2009 08:03 PM • [Report Abuse]

Sadly, this most important slice of music history will go lost on most jambasers.

Just got the deluxe edition of 'Loaded'.

Surely one of the more interesting CD's any band has ever gifted our ears.

.....actually, i would guess that most jambasers are pretty familiar with 'loaded'.......if for no other reason than the fact that phish performed it for halloween.

VU with Nico is my ultimate lazy-sunday-morning-sitting-around-the-house-drinking-coffee album.

Fratagonia
Fratagonia
12/7/2009 08:51 PM

The Velvet Underground are a case study of cool. The auditory heartbeat for one of the most influential artistic epicenters last century, they cut their teeth as the house band for Warhol's Factory. The Cale era incorporated sonic progression with his classically trained instrumental skills which captured gritty the lower side in unbelievable light. However, Yule brought a more traditional sound but played an integral part in unleashing one of the finest bootleg examples for a band regionally tuning their instruments. At End Cole Ave, now Javier's, in Dallas Oct 1969 they found themselves far removed from the psychedelic powder keg of Cali and the Northeast and tapped into the bluesy country tinged roots of the South. Then like a heavy hand of cheyenne seasoned the sound of successive evenings. My life was saved by Rock n Roll.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use