Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

21 Total Messages • Page 2 of 2 • « Previous 1 2 
Phish | 12.03.09 | MSG Night 2
galactic44
galactic44
12/4/2009 02:28 PM

I think that this was a GREAT review, except for the 'meatball' flub (unless the reviewer meant Gordo got a new one for Hanukkah to replace his worn out one, which isn't quite news worth reporting...) Check out this line >> "The playing was very good, but might have looked slightly better on paper than it actually was" which appears AFTER a mostly glowing review (of set 2 anyways, but thats about par for the course) This type of honesty is rare, & also shows that the reviewer wasn't distracted by the enormity of the setlist & his review (hopefully) is fair.

vanilla
vanilla
12/4/2009 04:17 PM

primo funk and choice cuts? I hope that this website's writing hasn't gone to that level just yet.

gregboyer
gregboyer
12/5/2009 12:42 AM

Check out Boogie.. if you acquire this. Page's keys are SICK. I always loved that song but man does it sound sweet on this one.

kaiserbun
kaiserbun
12/5/2009 06:23 AM

Time Turns Elastic sucks you guys. I don't see how anyone could actually like that song. It goes to show that no matter what Phish plays some people will like it. The rest of this show if great. Its always the new songs that kill shows, it was the same in in 03-04. They haven't written a great song in a long time. Time Turns Elastic seems to be a half ass attempt at an epic song like bowie, hood, or fluffhead.

mikemiz
mikemiz
12/5/2009 01:51 PM

Great Show, thought the whole show was awesome.....he phish i have been waiting for!

420harryhood420
420harryhood420
12/5/2009 07:02 PM

Love the TELA sign from the crowd shot taken from behind stage......I was there all 3 nights so was the sign I thought it was coming.......oh and for frieday night I totally called the first GLIDE of 09 was coming

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use