Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

21 Total Messages • Page 1 of 2 • 1 2 Next » 
Phish | 12.03.09 | MSG Night 2
JamBase
JamBase
12/4/2009 12:00 AM

Phish | 12.03.09 | MSG Night 2
Round two at the Garden goes off with a HUGE second set featuring primo funk and...

damoncory
damoncory
12/4/2009 10:38 AM

"If "Time Turns Elastic" is Trey's new orchestral-inspired, slightly geeky masterpiece, then "Fluffhead" is its cooler, older brother that gets high in the parking lot and lands all the chicks" = Good shit!

fydo1974
fydo1974
12/4/2009 10:54 AM

I'm a huge "Time Turns Elastic" fan and I'll never understand all the haters out there.

PimpMCGeorge
PimpMCGeorge
12/4/2009 11:08 AM

I liked TTE okay the first time I heard it, but since then, it's done whatever the opposite of "grown on me" is.

MartinHalo
MartinHalo
12/4/2009 11:11 AM

earthquake mode on the floor.

NotUntilMyDyingD…
NotUntilMyDyingD…
12/4/2009 11:14 AM

This review blows. Doesn't shed any new light. Sounds like every other "know-it all" who despite all their statistical and analytical ballyhoo, don't really seeem to understand the dynamic of Phish. It's about ebbs and flows, peaks and valleys, dancing like a madman and being completely still. Appreciating funk and appreciating melody.

TTE is sick. I think most of the people who hate aren't open-minded enough to get inside it. They are too busy jumping on the bandwagon of haters. A lot of groupthink going on. Fishman is unbelievable on the drums in that tune. The lights for TTE last night were by far the most thematic and interesting I have seen since they've returned.

I would not want to be sitting next to this reviewer at a show. Sounds like a nerd.

damoncory
damoncory
12/4/2009 11:21 AM

TTE is OK, I just thought it was a funny line.

rastarusty
rastarusty
12/4/2009 11:43 AM

I don't love it I don't hate it. It's grown on me a little bit though

lastpatch731
lastpatch731
12/4/2009 11:56 AM

MSG is one of the best venues. I'm not the biggest fan of arena shows, but wow MSG is where its at.

Stay "in and out of focus"

dcguitar
dcguitar
12/4/2009 12:11 PM

"This review blows."

Is this stuff really necessary? You are entitled to your opinion, but this review doesn't blow. Plus if you don't think Fluffhead is cooler than TTE, then I don't know what to tell ya!

"If "Time Turns Elastic" is Trey's new orchestral-inspired, slightly geeky masterpiece, then "Fluffhead" is its cooler, older brother that gets high in the parking lot and lands all the chicks" That is some funny shit right there...

hoopdrums
hoopdrums
12/4/2009 12:14 PM

I echo dcguitar, this is a great line: 'If "Time Turns Elastic" is Trey's new orchestral-inspired, slightly geeky masterpiece, then "Fluffhead" is its cooler, older brother that gets high in the parking lot and lands all the chicks'

Keep up the good work man

Putnameter
Putnameter
12/4/2009 12:48 PM

Nice review, easy on the reviewer dude haha. Awesome show im listening to the yawning drone stream right now. This Phish 3.0 is awesome quality!! Sweet Piper!! Amazing Julius( my first song ever heard live @ VA Beach '99) Im very stoked for C'ville tomorrow, my first show since merriweather( shitty setlist, worst 3.0 show ive seen). I was at Bonnaroo 09 awesome sets there!This closer show better cook! Scored GA floor tix!! Everybody have an awesome show tomorrow!

chinchillafury
chinchillafury
12/4/2009 01:13 PM

Sorry for the bass geek comment, but I got to...Gordon's "meatball" pedal is not new, he's been using one for many years (if you look at older pictures it's the big blue pedal on his rig). Taking it one step further into geekdom...while I have not heard the "Boogie" version from MSG this reviewer is talking about, chances are, Gordon is using his AKAI Deep Impact pedal, which is more of a bass-synth sound, as opposed to the meatball, which is an envelope filter (like an auto-wah). For all I know, I'm speaking out of ass on this version, but, when I first heard Gordon incorporate the Deep Impact pedal to "Boogie" I HAD to figure out what was making that sweet noise and obtain the pedal that was causing it. Who knows, he's probably mixing both pedals now, making his bass sound even more flatulent then ever! Peace.

karen123
karen123
12/4/2009 01:15 PM

The review is the honest opinion of the reviewer, right?

The photographs are phenomenal, Dino! Per usual, you capture the music ... Wishing I was able to go to MSG tonight to see Phish!

Permalot
Permalot
12/4/2009 01:30 PM

Thanks chinchilla I was just about to say that. The meatball has been around since at least the hoist days. (i.e. disease) These reviewers need to do their homework if they're going to get technical.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use