^^^4 now?...

kfk1000
kfk1000
11/27/2009 06:29 PM

Nitrous rules all, nuff said

Gutterlush
Gutterlush
11/27/2009 07:16 PM

East Coast/West Coast??? Are you for serious? What's next; "Yo Trey done put a hit out on that punk Jerry back in '95. That why he got mad large affer that" For real though, Vibes was sketchy this year. When you are having a post-latenight beer by your tent and some dude offers you an array of non-herbal, lab produced product and you politely refuse and wish said man a good evening only to be met with a Mr. Hyde reaction threatening you, your friends and your expectations of waking up alive. Not at all cool. I walk The Bronx day in/day out without fear; yet an emaciated dealer at a festival with a stupid accent scares me to fuck! Things have changed on the circuit for the worse. Narc em, they ain't us.

lovemusical
lovemusical
11/27/2009 07:51 PM

So the stories I've heard about this shit are true. Vida21, that is quite possibly one of the stupidest comments I've ever seen on here, and thats saying a lot. You people who are making light of a kid getting murdered at a fest are either to immature to grasp how serious that is, or completely fucking heartless. Probably both. What the fuck is this east coast west coast shit? What difference does it make where it happened? I heard the demon vampire nitrous mafia got chased off by a bunch of heads. When I heard that, I was very proud that there is still enough community in the scene to unite against evil. Fuck the Tweaks, N02 fucks and anybody down with them. If you're not going to see music, stay in your crack house and let real people enjoy life. They can all eat shit and die. These are our festivals.

schofizzl
schofizzl
11/28/2009 12:30 AM

nitrous certainly doesnt pop off in the midwest on the same scale people claim it does out there in the east coast.. once i spent about 5 hours on the computer reading about the whole deal, the murder/accidental death/whatever it was at vibes, also all about the alleged "nitrous mafia", and its hard to wrap my head around the whole thing being from illinois. we get tanks here and there at shows and festivals but its not a major problem. i have never seen or heard of anybody getting beat down or anything by any supposed 'nitrous mafia' people, which there are tons of claims about coming from the east. most people just complain about the price(after their whomp wears off)... on the one hand, everybody knows that nitrous pushers are usually sketchballs who charge too much, and although most people enjoy a good balloon everybody also seems to agree that all the faceplants, tank noise, and balloons all over are bad for the atmosphere at a festival, especially when it's happening right by your camping area. on the other hand, people love to over sensationalize things, such as how powerful, connected, and intricate the 'nitrous mafia' actually is for example. so many people claim to have seen the body, but very few of the stories i read matched up very well. all i can do is avoid that area of the country, which i was already doing, and hope that nothing like that happens here.. or there, for that matter.

vida421
vida421
11/28/2009 06:34 AM

If the kid was murdered, my stance would be different...the kid overdosed...much different.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local-beat/Feeling-The-Vibes-in-Bridgeport-Again-70630537.html

You can blame the sellers all you want, but it's a factor of supplyand demand...if the demand wasn't there neither would the sellers. No one forces any one to buy drugs or ballons. If you're stupid enough to such on a ballon from a bottle that could be holding any kind of gas, it's your fuck up...

I'm just not for everyone getting punished, because of a stupid few. Must I remind all you "stekkar" mid westers about why your wakarusa has moved????? And all you mountain jam lovers, how bout everyone getting pulled over and busted on the way in? Not to metion how they handle kids who are tripping....

It's up to us to keep the scene clean...if you leave it up to cops, nobody will be having fun any more.

phishfan180
phishfan180
11/28/2009 06:44 AM

Bridgeport is NOT the ideal spot for a music festival...there have to be other spots in CT that could do the trick?

OR come to Maine and I will definitely be there

brendan3
brendan3
11/28/2009 06:59 AM

New Hampshire is beautiful that time of year too. it is up to us to help our fellow fans out when they're in too deep. instead of bitching about wookies and the nitrous mafia how about we all lend a hand and help out when someone is having a rough go of things.

vida421
vida421
11/28/2009 07:15 AM

Simply put...be good family.

dedhed6111
dedhed6111
11/28/2009 07:48 AM

nice internet search, jerky.

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/gathering-vibes-death-body-jay-caliro-found-nearby

http://www.celebstoner.com/200907272641/news/celebstoner-news/death-at-the-vibes.html

& these are just the first two I googled. from what i understand, an entire bottle of nitrous was opened on the dude's face. He overdosed alright, but not by his own choosing.

lovemusical
lovemusical
11/28/2009 08:01 AM

It is absolutely true that if nobody bought product, there would be no dealers. That will obviously never happen. There is also no doubt that there are syndicated dealers of all products at almost all big festivals. I am not a narc, and I never will be. I go to listen to music, so I try not to concern myself with the dealings of others. However, when they start terrorizing the public, thats where I and hopefully most others draw the line. We out number them at least 50-1. If the security won't do their job, somebody needs to "chase those crazy baldheads out of town." I've heard from multiple sources who were at Gathering Of The Meth Vibes that the kid was killed and made to look like an accident. I don't know any more or less an that. But having been to "Not All Good" among other fests where that element is present, I know that violence follows them everywhere. Rise up people.

gstrats
gstrats
11/28/2009 08:21 AM

I can't believe there having vibes in bridgeport again. I had more fun at bisco than vibes anyways.

vida421
vida421
11/28/2009 09:11 AM

Do you read the searches you do dick???????

"but local police believe foul play was not a factor."

TimkoNug
TimkoNug
11/28/2009 09:42 AM

I have been to the past 10 vibes, and I love having it in BPT. Camping down on the water with the beach is great. Unfortunately since the vibes has come back to bridgeport there has been horrible rain that has really dampened the vibe. Also there really has been too much gas, I don't mind people doing it, but there is one field that was constantly fill with tanks, and the place was a grimy mess, with balloons at cracked out people all over the place. If I got parked in that lot I would be pissed too.

Side note. The police are also onto the scene now in bridgeport. At the darkstar show at the Klien there were a ton of busts with undercovers camped all in the lot watching deals go down in cars and then busting people. They had something like 25 people arrested. I love the Klien but if you come to bridgeport I guess you better keep it on the D, no one want to spend a night in the bpt houscow.

dedhed6111
dedhed6111
11/28/2009 09:48 AM

that's what they say, but kids aren't found "purple & bruised" for no reason. The CT police just didn't want to concern themselves with having to find the killers. Let them pass on to the next town & somebody else can deal with it.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use