Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

9 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers: Live Wires
JamBase
JamBase
11/24/2009 12:00 AM

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers: Live Wires
We chat with Heartbreakers Campbell and Tench about the new Live Anthology and the long road behind it, as well as Mudcrutch, roots, and giving people what they want...

boknows
boknows
11/25/2009 06:10 AM

ROCK F'IN GOD

music_man86
music_man86
11/25/2009 07:46 AM

definitely one of the greats, very good piece here.

gregboyer
gregboyer
11/25/2009 10:08 AM

Great article, great band. $25 for a 4-disc set-who does that in 2009? That Bonnaroo set from 2006 is one of my favorite recordings I've made. Bringing Stevie Nicks along for that tour was a great idea. I think I've seen Tom about 5-6 times now and they always deliver. My only complaint is they don't mix up the sets but if you catch them once each tour they change about half of it each tour. That's the only problem with bands that have huge hits they feel obligated to play. I would like to see another Mudcrutch album with a national tour of just Mudcrutch tunes and covers.

joxley1
joxley1
11/25/2009 10:18 AM

Great piece of rock journalism here. A pleasure to read. Thanks to Campbell and Tench for their interviews. I think fans of this music are in the right hands. Long live Petty and the H'breakers.

tirefire
tirefire
11/25/2009 10:26 AM

one of the greatest rock & roll bands ever. period. heroes for sure. must've been an amazing conversation dennis. well done as always!

gregboyer
gregboyer
11/25/2009 01:48 PM

I went to a Best Buy to buy this "exclusive" today and they were out of it but said another store had two. Drove there and they couldn't find them. They said their inventories in their computers are "all wrong this time of year". I realize this is Ohio, the State Of Confusion, but this is pathetic. They made sure no other stores had it, but they forgot to make sure they would have enough to last half a week. Best Buy blows donkey dick. Their 'geek squad" told us it would cost $1200 to fix a $500 computer, which I then had fixed elsewhere for $200. I hope Tom Petty and other musicians avoid these kind of "exclusive" deals in the future. I prefer buying things like CDs in person over online to avoid cracked cases and waiting but I guess there's no choice here.

melkava8
melkava8
11/25/2009 04:32 PM

Thanks for the great article!! I love Tom Petty. He is pretty much the man. This article made me realize it even more. I <3 Tom Petty AND The Heartbreakers!!

Joshl92482
Joshl92482
11/25/2009 05:33 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JULRQLbZf4

Best mary jane's I ever heard.... Wish it was louder yes, but watch the whole thing......

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use