Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

8 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Monsters of Folk | 11.13 | Texas
JamBase
JamBase
11/18/2009 12:00 AM

Monsters of Folk | 11.13 | Texas
On the final night of the U.S. tour, these future legends honor each other in style...

jonnynra
jonnynra
11/18/2009 07:35 PM

Nice photos. Cool to see Yim Yames playing bass. Every single thing about that man is bad ass.

music_man86
music_man86
11/19/2009 06:03 AM

i would love nother more than to see these guys live. I can't wait for a second round of tours

Uoft23
Uoft23
11/19/2009 07:36 AM

Bad ass concert! Wish he would have mentioned the extended versions of some of the songs like Dear God and Smokin' from shootin. Hopefully they put out a live album

skaustin
skaustin
11/19/2009 09:34 AM

A great show.

Saw Conner and Mike walking down the street before the show and met M. Ward after the show.

They made a great decision to end their U.S. leg in austin.

ladym292
ladym292
11/19/2009 09:55 AM

I saw these guys in Louisville, NYC, and Phillie...Loved Loved Loved them. They play magical together and who knows when they will get to play together again like this considering it was 4 years in the making. I'm biased because I heart MMJ & Jim James and have seen them dozens of times. My appreicate for Conor has grown tremedously since seeing him live with MOF and the Mystic Valley Band this summer. M. Ward is the quiet storm of these shows. But the unsung hero of these show is Mike Mogis which the reviewer failed to mention at all. Mr. Mogis plays the the steel guitar like he has the soul of a vetetren blues man's. At time he's plays the same guitar as Nels Cline, pedal steel, and mandolin.

Qaulity performances by all five of these guys!!!

bigchris
bigchris
11/19/2009 01:16 PM

Monsters of Tender Moments

"sniffle"

twalsh
twalsh
11/19/2009 03:17 PM

I must admit that I don't always appreciate the author's writing...always a bit too personal for me, but this one worked. Good review, great writing, good closure. Nice to see a review blending thoughts about music, atmosphere, and feeling. Well done, Sara. Now if only they would have come to NOLA!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use