Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

49 Total Messages • Page 3 of 4 • « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 
DSO's John Kadlecik Leaves/Replaced by Matson
Joshl92482
Joshl92482
11/17/2009 06:21 AM

No one can blame this guy for doing what he is doing. Also it seems like this means long term plans, he probobly signed a contract which forced him to withdraw from DSO. In answer to the person who suggested getting mickey and billy as the drummers, I dont think Billy wants to do it anymore. see Jambase interview. Plus then you have to pay those guys founding members of the dead shares.... that is the cynical non music viewpoint

musical viewpoint- Phil and bobby realized how rough muscially "the dead" tour was. I had read interviews with Phil saying he though DSO was lame etc... but I guess that is because DSO's bass player doesnt even try to play like he does, but when he heard this guy he prob had the same reaction everyone usually does which ..... wow

brendan3
brendan3
11/17/2009 07:19 AM

how did this turn into a bobby bash? vida, you're nuts. i'm a huge bobby fan and love to hear his interpretation of jerry songs, just like i love his iterpretations of bob dylan songs. Bobby has earned his stripes, he carried the Dead for a long time during Jerry's decline. we all miss the fat man and there will never be another like him.

this dude quitting his band does make it seem like a more permanent Further, i'm bummed, already missing the dog in new hampshire, or shaking the balcony at the orpheum, heady cold weather shows in beantown.

_Sugaree_
_Sugaree_
11/17/2009 10:29 AM

I saw DSO last night with Mattson and he pulled off Jerry pretty damn well. I'm not worried or disappointed. Good for John, I mean this is an opportunity to play with the musicians that created the music that he has been re-creating for 12 years... I don't blame him for taking this opportunity. It should be all good all around for both of them. Good Times, Good Stuff :)

trippy_hippie
trippy_hippie
11/17/2009 10:42 AM

Reading the new messages I can't help but through by two cents in. I'm a younger deadhead but a deadhead at that. I never got to see Jerry but I have many friends in their 30s and 40s that have and I have spent alot of time talking to them about what has become of the The Dead scene. Personally I feel that Phil and Bobby both did a great job in ther own way to keep the scene going, Bobby interduced a full time saxist and Phil had a rotating cast of hard hitting musicans, BUT they both lacked the same thing which is someone who can bring back a piece of what Jerry was and always will be, INSPIRATION!!!! I have been waiting for John to get together with the boys for afew years now and we should all follow there example, by putting aside or petty squables and come together and celebrate the music that we all love so much.

"They're a band beyond description

Like Jehovah's favourite choir

People joining hand in hand

While the music plays the band

Lord they're setting us on fire"

trippy_hippie
trippy_hippie
11/17/2009 10:47 AM

Sorry about all my typing errors. lol

phishintil420
phishintil420
11/17/2009 12:04 PM

Love Kadlecik, but Mattson is TERRIFIC, since the tricksters have been on hiatus and haven't seen the donna jean ensemble, this is great news to see Mattson coming into this role.

deadheadjohnny
deadheadjohnny
11/17/2009 01:46 PM

i agree with trippy. I was lucky enough to see Jerry, about 23 times. Since 95 things have changed. I love the sax with bobbys band. Phil puts it all together the best.

I was listening to the dead channel today and there was this bitchin' new speedway boogie. the audience was all singing along and i was wondering what year this was from. It was Furthur 09. It was the best Dead ive heard since Jerry. Now im excited about spring or summer and am going to start saveing the cash.

Bobby does ruin some of those tunes. I think he sometimes ruins some of his own songs lately.

The new guy might help reteach, bobby some timeing

vida421
vida421
11/17/2009 01:56 PM

Thank god someone else noticed Bobby comes in too late. Like I said, it works for his tunes...but you have to come in right n top for Jerry tunes. ..and remembering the lines is a big help too.

PLQ rocked...Ratdog post Wasserman/Lane blows...wouldn't matter how many horns he put up there.

Tpetty
Tpetty
11/17/2009 09:28 PM

Bobby Weir is the man, you guys are nuts...

Bring on Further. John K us gonna tear it up with Bob and Phil for years to come!

vida421
vida421
11/18/2009 01:00 AM

Oh yea...how many cover bands are so commited...their keyboardist died. Now that's crazy style.

Booby sucks.

StrangeBleau
StrangeBleau
11/18/2009 05:27 AM

Anyone who LOVES Bobby go and check the Albany show from that last Dead tour. Listen to anyone of those songs he sings and tell me what you think of your beloved Weir. Bobby sucks!!!!!

vida421
vida421
11/18/2009 05:44 AM

Thank you thank you thankyou! Finally some sanity!

gazebachaka
gazebachaka
11/18/2009 06:37 AM

Does it get you off when someone agrees with you? It's so refreshing to see you spend so much time and energy on hating Bobby. Just listen to what Jerry has to say>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBlXEGLXlV0

freeunioncoz
freeunioncoz
11/18/2009 08:42 AM

I saw one Dead Show in Charlottesville. I saw The Grateful Dead, a few Ratdog shows and some Phil Shows. Even saw the further festival with the Other Ones. Let me tell you, Bobby cannot sing Jerry Garcia/Robert Hunter songs without butchering them to shreds. The man can sing old cowboy songs til the horse comes home. If you think Bobby can do Jerry go listen to some of the songs he destroyed like Standing on the Moon, or Miss. 1/2 step. Good Lord, I will not travel to see Bob Play in any form. Sorry Phil, you should retire because your old band mate can't keep up with your musical talent. Lame

vida421
vida421
11/18/2009 09:59 AM

Yes it gets me off! And I know what Jerry used to say...listen to old tapes from the 70's....Jerry used to say, "And now Weir gets his wish." before Booby sang. lol

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use