Paul McCartney: European Tour
JamBase
JamBase
11/10/2009 12:00 AM

Paul McCartney: European Tour

gregboyer
gregboyer
11/11/2009 08:57 AM

What's the deal with all the 02 arenas. It's almost as bad as the USA with Verizon Ampitheatres in NC and Indiana as well as the arena in DC. Love McCartney but I bought the whole Beatles catalogue remastered for less than one ticket to a show would cost. Bigtime acts have become WAY overpriced. Wings Over America era (mid 70s) was the time to catch Paul live. Better show for MUCH less money, even after adjusting for inflation.

21mmer
21mmer
11/11/2009 10:45 AM

yes, the "corporatization" of venues does seem to steal some of the character that made each place unique and special......however, it is unrealistic to think that any venue wouldn't grab the cash that comes their way, simply by putting up a verizon/allstate/etc. sign. gone are the days.......

hope the tour goes well for my favorite beatle, and i look forward to seeing him next time he's state-side. i would have loved to have caught some wings-era mccartney.......if only i was born a few years earlier.

Cola21
Cola21
11/11/2009 11:33 AM

02 was supposed to hold the MJ shows. They need to make up all that revenue they were counting on. That explains it.

Dire46daysWolf
Dire46daysWolf
11/11/2009 05:48 PM

^ makes sense. it's sad but true.

RealxGuy
RealxGuy
11/12/2009 09:33 AM

personally i dont care how much the ticket costs, (and i only paid 75 per ticket) i went to Citi field and witnessed one of the best shows ive seen in my life and ive seen just about everyone, maybe you can buy the remastered catalogue for cheaper then 3 tickets but so what? you havnt heard those songs before? there not on the radio everyday or playing somewhere? i coulda probably downloaded the whole thing online for free thats not the point grey. paul only has a few years left, how many more opportunities are you gonna have to see him again? im sure the "70's" was a great time to see him but we arent all 60+ years old and we arent all broke. cant wait for his next show in nyc (if there ever is one) and seriously, who cares what the names of the arenas are? hahaha do they still have concerts there?

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use