Springsteen to Perform Two Entire Albums at MSG
JamBase
JamBase
11/5/2009 12:00 AM

Springsteen to Perform Two Entire Albums at MSG

AssWorks
AssWorks
11/5/2009 12:58 PM

Disclaimer: my opinion is better than yours.

Springsteen absolutely sucks.

chux7487
chux7487
11/5/2009 01:54 PM

bruce blows

RichardHaley
RichardHaley
11/5/2009 02:28 PM

with a name like AssWorks and an image from some of the lamer rock concerts of the year, it's kinda hard to take ya serious. Bruce is a legend. Listen to "The River." Listen to "Nebraska." Listen to "Darkness." If you are 14 years old or younger, you are forgiven, othwerise, do some homework.

irtimed
irtimed
11/5/2009 02:36 PM

Not a Bruce fan myself. but where is the excitement in going to a show where you know what the setlist is gonna be?

karrvingwaves
karrvingwaves
11/5/2009 03:35 PM

hes not my boss

Costaben
Costaben
11/5/2009 05:03 PM

well your all losers for commenting on a thread for an artist you don't like. get a life.

Cola21
Cola21
11/5/2009 09:33 PM

Word to Costaben. I'd say the comments were fueled by a desire to seem "different" or "not trendy" but you can find negative comments probably on the JamBase advertisements for job hirings (I haven't looked). I swear. Sticking your finger in an electrical socket would be a better use of your time than making sure we all know you don't like a musician. If you can't support your pro or con statement with something beneficial to the JamBase family, you're gonna get a cyber noogie (that's what this is) from your brother or sister.

The Boss knows how to write songs that echo the common person's experiences - maybe not mine or yours, but someone out there totally identifies with **insert Springsteen song**. And the man can belt like a leather tanner.

PimpMCGeorge
PimpMCGeorge
11/6/2009 07:39 AM

Springsteen haters are so friggin' cool.

andysilver
andysilver
11/6/2009 09:32 AM

As a native of Asbury Park, NJ, I can tell you that Bruce's music means "home" to me. I still listen to Bruce (the "Wild/Innocent" album in particular) when I get homesick out here in Colorado.

Songs like "Incident on 57th Street," "E Street Shuffle," "New York City Serenade" and "Kitty's Back" still hold up after all these years, not to mention the sheer force of "Rosalita" (if you can't get off on the build up to "the record company, Rosie, just gave me a big advance" lyric, I feel sorry for you).

This isn't even taking the genius of The River, Darkness on the Edge of Town, Greetings from Asbury Park, or Born to Run albums into account.

Like him or not, Bruce Springsteen is Americana rock royalty. YMMV, and that's ok, because music is art and everyone has a different reaction to art, regardless of medium.

It just feels like people bash Bruce because they "don't get it" or think of him in the "Born in the USA" era. That seems foolish to me.

Driving rhythm + powerful lyrics + genuine social conscience + no rock star poser BS = SPRINGSTEEN.

What more can you ask of an artist?

RealxGuy
RealxGuy
11/6/2009 02:12 PM

there is nobody cornier then bruce springsteen. i mean, really. you can sit here and defend him all you want. now i didnt say he isnt talented....if you can get over how CORNY he is. did anyone see the superbowl halftime show?? i almost feel out of my seat when he told everyone to " put down the guacamole, its boss time" then did a crotch slide into the camara....

andysilver
andysilver
11/9/2009 05:02 AM

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/review-springsteen-the-e-street-band-give-fans-something-to-remember-msg/

Cola21
Cola21
11/9/2009 08:41 AM

The Boss has genuine fun on stage, if that's what you mean by corny. I don't really worry about my favorite musicians' ability to speak poetry to the crowd. Say what you say, play what you play. He looked like he was having a blast at the Super Bowl. Good for him

cra00512
cra00512
11/14/2009 05:11 PM

blahhhhh...ya who the fuck wants to go see a live show where you know exactly what is going to be played and when? anyone

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use