Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

27 Total Messages • Page 2 of 2 • « Previous 1 2 
STS9 | 10.31.09 | Nashville, TN
michaeljackson
michaeljackson
11/5/2009 12:54 AM

These guys suck now...just admit it.

When I first saw tribe back in '04 it was amazing...almost spiritual...now their shit is just garbage in my opinion. This years madison show was the last straw for me.

IdRatherPanic
IdRatherPanic
11/5/2009 08:28 AM

http://www.archive.org/details/sts91998-04-18.sbd.flac16

thats a time come and gone my friend, but they are killing itttt right now, glad that slump has past!

schwarzcat
schwarzcat
11/5/2009 08:35 AM

Nice Geogia Theater show, Miles. That was a fun listen. That was when I started seeing them too. Definitely quite bit bit looser than what we are hearing now.

I am diggin the new stuff too. They are establishing quite a body of music right now. I am enjoying the evolution. Thoroughly enjoyed the Asheville show last week. Look forward to seeing them on Jamcruise.

stuckinabeat
stuckinabeat
11/5/2009 09:27 AM

i saw them in G.R. Michigan on oct 16th and it took everything i had not to walk out of their. A bunch of highschoolers not dancing just jumping up and down to a repetivie beat with their hands in the air the whole time. I'm glad they had a good time, but i came do dance for real and they didnt move me one bit. They just cater to the mali crowd no, no room for imagination...all in your face. Rave on boys....

jcdubya
jcdubya
11/5/2009 05:55 PM

murph is on the h-bomb

fw
fw
11/5/2009 11:48 PM

1st set looked ill as fuck. I caught bout 8 shows this tour but missed the f'n gobnugget and luma day n ash, where I currently reside, cuz we had 2 catch a plane to cali4 phestie 8. The fellas r bringin it back. Been seein tribe since 2000 n its been quite an up n down road with these guys. Last yeas sucked and this year the short ass shows are pretty f'n ridiculous, but there bringin the heat again at least. Ima tribe kid, I admit it. But yeah, it seems that they used 2 b about us now its about then, n the crowd has gotten super young, where r the funk dirty dancin tribe kids at? 1320 familt, WHAT?????

dedhed6111
dedhed6111
11/6/2009 05:37 PM

I, too, have been less than thrilled at STS9's musical potency for the past several years. Yet everytime I even think about writing them off I catch a show or download a SB that totally floors me. From the setlist, this show looks like EPIC. and not normal internet epic, but like EPIC EPIC. This first set looks like it could've been transplanted from 2002 for the most part, and after I download it later, I'm hoping it sounds that way, too. The scenesters almost always turn me off from Tribe, but the music brings me back everytime.

dedhed6111
dedhed6111
11/6/2009 05:39 PM

but seriously tho, Fuck Atlas.

SpreadRed87
SpreadRed87
11/9/2009 11:29 AM

woah buddy! the negative vibes in this place are unreal! ya i like the old shit just like anyone else but you can't expect a band to stay the same guys... soundtribe is just on the evolution train right now and if you can't catch it then stay home! this show was fucking raw you should have been there! its a hit or a miss these days....

FroDaddyJR
FroDaddyJR
11/9/2009 11:40 AM

Show was nutz, loved every second of it even Atlas, don't know why the song gets so much hate. Def the best halloween party I've ever been to and I think anyone else that was there would agree with me 100%. They have always been hit or miss IMO and this show was a HUGE hit

SpreadRed87
SpreadRed87
11/9/2009 02:02 PM

definately a HUGE HIT!!! i mean look at this setlist....definately the best halloween ive ever had!!!

SmellsLikeRothbe…
SmellsLikeRothbe…
11/9/2009 11:10 PM

I saw Tribe in Atlanta at the end of August and that show was just plain ridiculous. I have never felt so much energy in one place like that. I had plenty of friends at the Nashville show and they were blown away by the set also. I agree with everything Pongmaster is talking about in his post, it is just ridiculous that so many people that claim to love a band so much can continue to just hate and bash on the very same band. They have to change up their music so A. it stays new and fresh for the fans and B. so they dont get bored playing the same shit every show. They tried out the heavy electronic/PA thing and I think they got the best material from that phase and are moving into a new phase. I mean come on their new CD should be released soon (anyone know an exact date on that?) I think everything is going to keep changing, getting better and better. I love it.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use