Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

27 Total Messages • Page 1 of 2 • 1 2 Next » 
STS9 | 10.31.09 | Nashville, TN
JamBase
JamBase
11/4/2009 12:00 AM

STS9 | 10.31.09 | Nashville, TN
STS9 and Maserati celebrate Halloween in Nashville, JamBase is on the scene...

theterriblebob
theterriblebob
11/4/2009 10:28 AM

SIC

gmoo
gmoo
11/4/2009 10:52 AM

I remember when this band was awesome...sigh.

mikemac9317
mikemac9317
11/4/2009 10:57 AM

STS9 should be opening for Maserati cuz they are pretty sick.

Zapzapa
Zapzapa
11/4/2009 11:10 AM

looks like a party this band is still awesome

CoBound
CoBound
11/4/2009 11:22 AM

Maserati is the sh$% !!! Used to love living in Athens and seeing those guys all the time!

Way better than STS9! If you haven't heard of them, do yourself a favor and get their

albums!!!!!!!!!

hotbot
hotbot
11/4/2009 12:54 PM

they used to be a group that i watched with baited breath, now they are just an ok group to pretty too and its so sad.

PastPresence
PastPresence
11/4/2009 01:34 PM

Remember when this band is awesome Gmoo?! Have you checked the setlists for this entire Fall tour. They have been absolutely dominating shit. STs9 Columbus 10/15/09 was not just one of the best S9 shows I've seen...prob top 3 indoor performances by any band period. Absolutely destroyed the Newport. It's pretty sad that people say things like this without staying up to date on what the band is currently accomplishing. They certainly didn't have a very strong 08-beginning 09. But right now S9 is where it is at. Hop over the lowdown to hear the truth...they are the first to say when shit is not ok. In fact that was probably the biggest hate network for S9 during their PA/PB era. Now its nothing but love all around. Because S9 is bringing the absolute heat. Great pictures. Stop sleeping and get your ass to a show.

PastPresence
PastPresence
11/4/2009 01:38 PM

STS9 is playing inspired music right now with an excellent blend of old and new. Beauty and ferocity. I could go on for days but I'll end rant now. But the naysayers can take their hate somewhere else because they are talking from a disconnected perspective. 100% sure they haven't seen a show recently. Every band goes through periods of rise and falls. Some bands never get out of a low phase. This is not the case with S9. DLoad 10/14, 10/15, 10/31 at live DL's and see whats up.

Dire46daysWolf
Dire46daysWolf
11/4/2009 02:05 PM

i still dig tribe despite what i've heard about them "slacking." This encore was solid i love EHM!

mocablast
mocablast
11/4/2009 03:32 PM

I agree with Gmoo. Maserati is pretty badass plus no electronics

Zoso2517
Zoso2517
11/4/2009 07:55 PM

I actually disagree with your rant Fresh. I have seen them 3 times in the last year and the show I saw in Mnpls in early Oct was the worst show I have seen ever by them. The Be Nice with Dominic from Big Gigantic was for sure a highlight, but otherwise I just kept moving further and further back bc there were so many bros just looking to put their hands in the air during Rent or EHM or some other club banger (this could just be mnpls on a thursday). They just don't bring it like they used to. People no longer are unable to keep from dancing. They no longer have people following them to see several shows in a row. They don't improvise. I could go on and on. I used to walk out of an sts9 show soaked in sweat. I used to think Zach was the best drummer on the scene and was just hypnotized by him. Now he just sits there and on one or two songs will turn it up a bit. Whatever though...I may see them if they're in my town, but I won't be traveling anymore to see these guys. Oh, and please play two sets. This one set nonsense has lasted for too long now. WTF?

Elemley
Elemley
11/4/2009 08:18 PM

hotness. Frequencies 2 > Frequencies 3, Trinocular > Vibyl, Squares & Cubes

PongmasterPhlash
PongmasterPhlash
11/4/2009 09:00 PM

Holy crap people...where does the negativity end?!?! Sorry - I normally just lurk, and read the articles and message boards without posting, but what the hell? I know that everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect that, but what happened to people going to see LIVE music and having a GOOD time??? I open up the STS9 Halloween review and what do you know...hate! I open up the KDTU Halloween review and what do you know...hate! Am I the only one who actually ENJOYS a VARIETY of good live music, regardless of the genre or "phase" of the band? Yes, believe it or not I have fun at an STS9 show...2001, 2004 or 2009. Yeah - I love Phish too! I also love Black Crowes, Widespread Panic, Pretty Lights, Porcupine Tree, MMJ, Daft Punk, Sam Bush....are all you people who log in to the boards to write your hate actually attending all these shows and just sitting back in the corner by yourself being miserable and hating life? Are you this cynical about EVERY aspect of your life? Or only about such a God-forsaken thing such as a band trying to make a living by playing awesome live music and hoards of fans buying tickets to their shows and seeking to have a good time?

I'm not necessarily speaking to folks in this thread in particular (because the negativity actually isn't AS bad as I've seen before...but then again....ahem...gmoo), but I suppose I've had this built up for awhile and I gotta let it out. I still enjoy reading the comments - I'm excited to check out Maserati because I've never heard them before. I just think as a community, some people could loosen up a bit!!!

On a related note...STS9 just dropped a few tunes that they haven't played in a years. Pretty stoked about that! Squares and MOTHERFUCKING Cubes!!!

onedialect
onedialect
11/4/2009 09:16 PM

i agree w pong master.

nashville looked sick all and all and the setlist from the southeast looks legit from asheville to nashville.. I recently saw them 3 times and my only complaint was to many repeats... but they dont also bring the heat for the east coast as much as they use too, now they save it for the southeast because thats where they got some diehards there energy is on point as a band though right now

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use