fuck. yes.

rastarusty
rastarusty
11/3/2009 09:41 PM

Old school

mfgoof
mfgoof
11/4/2009 06:17 AM

Sorry to bring the truth everyone. I loved Paid in Full in middle school and bought Follow the Leader when it came out after that. I loved the old Eric B. and Rakim stuff. Had every album up to "The R". With that said, I saw Rakim on this tour a month ago and it was some of the wackest shit ever. I know hip-hop shows blow so it's not about that. Rakim rapped for less than 30 mins and none of the songs he did even had the correct/same beat from the album. It was like Rakim doing Karaoke over different beats. Then after 25 minutes (2:15 a.m. e.s.t) he blamed the state's laws for making the bars close at 2. He said "we could do this old school shit all night". Bullshit Rakim. You barely filled 25 mins. Can you tell how disappointed I am/was? BTW, when the show was over they played a new song from the album over the PA. Dude didn't even sing one song off his new album that his tour is promoting. Not to mention the 3.5 hours of sub-par local Pontiac, Mi "talent" that made me want to kill myself for listening to them. Fuckin' A Rakim. Step your game up!

lovemusical
lovemusical
11/4/2009 06:55 AM

Rakim, KRS One, Tribe, De La Soul, Beastie Boys, Public Enemy all come from the golden age of hiphop. Before it was essentially killed by the industry to that shitty rap noise you hear on the radio now. It does suck live, I agree, but occasionally you'll have some live instruments added to it that enhance it a lot.

Anitya
Anitya
11/4/2009 07:48 AM

Hip-Hop!!!.... that is all.

PimpMCGeorge
PimpMCGeorge
11/4/2009 11:30 AM

Yeah I can't see him getting it in like he used to without Eric B. laying down the dope production. mfgoof's assessment just confirms that few hip-hoppers can deliver in front of a live audience these days. Go see Talib and/or Mos Def, Q-Tip, and Ghostface while you still can, folks.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use