Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

23 Total Messages • Page 2 of 2 • « Previous 1 2 
moe. Halloween Setlist & Vids Phish > Floyd > Dead > Cyrus
rastarusty
rastarusty
11/3/2009 01:18 AM

The lack of water and beer sucked. I can understand though. That place was full of people and everyone was drinking everything they had as fast as they could.

I agree that the covers weren't perfect, and yes there was some spacey parts.

But seriously, really surprised on all the hate. Check out the free download or streaming player of the show http://www.archive.org/details/moe2009-10-31

I though the cover of echoes was awesome. And there were a lot of solid jams, and some good flow in parts of the show. Like rebubula>darkstar>rebubula

There was energy everywhere in the place. And the show was extremely fun, for the band and crowd.

I really don't understand all the hate.

Was that the best I've ever heard moe. play? Hell no. But it was so much fun.

Awesome time, best halloween so far.

rastarusty
rastarusty
11/3/2009 01:20 AM

Thank you Jambase for posting. Figured we'd get nothing because of the phish festival. I no all the resources went to covering that and i totally understand. But moe. put on an awesome show, and I'm glad you through it up here.

santa1
santa1
11/3/2009 12:37 PM

gonna have to download this one, any show they pull "Don't fuck with Flo" out is a winner in my book.

southfork
southfork
11/3/2009 12:56 PM

moe. was f-ing great Saturday night. They gave us the chance to pick the songs and we did, and they pulled them off as well as anyone could expect, they can be an excellent cover band when they want to. That place to me looked like a everyone in the joint was raging, and the energy was as high as you see at a moe. show. If you are thursty and they are out of water, go to the bathroom and drink some water out of the tap like 98% of the non spoiled world would. If you were in Chicago in 04 for HeavyMoe.tal, this show blew that mess away. But it really doesn't matter, they're always worth the price of admission. Also, U-melt was tight till 4am and so was that crazy ghost keyboard dude who played during the U-melt setbreak. Great Haloween!

rastarusty
rastarusty
11/3/2009 02:00 PM

South, so true. Sometimes water is an outrageous price anyway. Anybody in need of water that bad was already drinking from the tap. Iv'e ended up there before.

Faucets were still running when i left. Maybe you couldn't buy bottle, but it wasn't the end of the world.

One thing i just remembered. Some dick in a cat in the hat costume(not the cat in the hat from moe.down) was throwing glowsticks at rob and hitting him. Rob flipped him off then he turned around and started flipping off the crowd.

I'm not a fan of violence but i cracked him pretty good with some of those bigger glowsticks.

Throwing stuff at the band never cool. The other 99% of the people seemed were legit ragers though

Permalot
Permalot
11/4/2009 07:24 AM

I thought the Stash was bold and fairly well executed. I like the vibes doing Page's parts. Also the harmonized guitars are quite choice. I can't speak on behalf of the rest of the show. I do recall moe. spacing out quite a bit the last time I saw them. Actually I went to see my boys The Bridge more so and moe. lost my interest so hard I just went backstage and watched the NCAA tourney. I'm sure I'll catch plenty of shit for that but it is what it is and it was what it was.

gregboyer
gregboyer
11/4/2009 08:09 AM

Running out of beer is just stupid lack of business sense considering the amount of $$$$ opportunity lost. Running out of water is grounds for a lawsuit if somebody dies from dehydration. I don't understand why bands don't just stick with venues they know are responsible and avoid dumps like this. moe is a great band but they've been around long enough to know good venues in every market.

rastarusty
rastarusty
11/4/2009 10:53 PM

Still though, venues fault not the band. Maybe they won't go back. Palace was a way nicer place, but it sold out realy fast. Armory has a lot more space and it made for a pretty cool halloween venue. Plus i dig the alley outside. Hopefully they reallized how restarded that was and they bring more beer next time. Waited through the line and all we could get were lemonades, and even though that was a major dissapointment they prolly ran out of those too.

Hip flask for next trip just i case for me

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use