moe. Halloween Setlist & Vids Phish > Floyd > Dead > Cyrus

DrFunkinstein
DrFunkinstein
11/2/2009 04:14 PM

They always have great Halloween shows. This one is no different

Bridget
Bridget
11/2/2009 04:23 PM

Its always nice to see a video to accompany what we read here at Jambase.

Thanks for that.

phi2thelip
phi2thelip
11/2/2009 05:31 PM

Yes... I vote more videos in Jambase articles... it helps you get a feel of the epicness of a show... or the lack of epicness

Oceanside
Oceanside
11/2/2009 05:40 PM

Show was a blast! Moe is great! Thanks for coming to Albany.

gmoo
gmoo
11/2/2009 05:50 PM

It was a decent show, but I've seen Moe. throw down much harder than they did. There were some pretty nice peaks, but there was too much down time when the band wasn't going anywhere. Stash jam, George, Rebubula, and Eyes were all solid. The crowd was pumped and was really into the show, as they should be for a Halloween show.

My only serious complaint about the night involves the venue, the Washington Armory in Albany. Not only was the venue was very understaffed, ran out of water after three songs and out of beer after the 1st set. There were a lot of dehydrated people who were looking quite rough in the 2nd set, which falls on the venue 100%. It's criminal to not have a sufficient amount of water for people to drink.

nicole4446
nicole4446
11/2/2009 06:56 PM

I hate to say it but this show was a bit of a let down for me...jams got way too spacey and drawn out..i often found myself wondering when they'd just get into the next song. There were some decent covers but the only song that i enjoyed of their own was TGORM..the rest just werent the picks i had in mind for the night i guess.

I also agree that it was absolutely ridiculous that the venue ran out of water and beer. The water was a real issue because people were definitely in serious need of hydration..and come on, seriously..they ran out of beer..wtf

On a positive note, the Stash and Eyes covers really made my night.Both were well executed and i really gotta give props to Chuck for vocals on Stash..I was definitely impressed

alfredo123
alfredo123
11/2/2009 07:17 PM

stash was a highlight,well executed??? hmmm. i love moe to death but really. I understand that it may not be easy to do other bands technical stuff. im sure phish would not nail alot of moes more tech stuff but moes stash was weak. they got lost. sorry if i come off rude. much love.

bigdoobie
bigdoobie
11/2/2009 08:02 PM

Wow! I guess even moe. fans don't want to hear moe. songs on new years. Is just me or wouldn't you expect there to be a few more "original" tunes on a night like this?

bigdoobie
bigdoobie
11/2/2009 08:03 PM

^sorry.. meant to say halloween.

rainydayman
rainydayman
11/2/2009 08:10 PM

Sweet....except the lack of beer is indeed criminal, at least in most jurisdictions.

sshaw13
sshaw13
11/2/2009 08:37 PM

file under "who cares?"

rainydayman
rainydayman
11/2/2009 08:39 PM

no, please don't file it there lulu

rebubula38
rebubula38
11/2/2009 08:53 PM

show was great, venue was rough, no water no beer didnt matter great time thanks moe. remember we voted for those songs. eyes of the world great crowd was really feelin it, the other highlight al on trumpet!!!!!!during call me AL

taydub
taydub
11/2/2009 09:48 PM

Wow, venue runs out of water and beer, I saw these guys years ago in Charlotte at the Grady Cole Center with Yonder Mountain and the venue ran out of beer and water also, that just blows my mind, how do you run out of items like that??

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use