Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

10 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
The Avett Brothers: Headed North
JamBase
JamBase
10/29/2009 12:00 AM

The Avett Brothers: Headed North
Seth Avett opens up about the new album, getting bigger, balancing families, "Pretty Girls," why they're not a bluegrass band, and what makes Rick Rubin so awesome...

Cola21
Cola21
10/29/2009 06:39 PM

Love the Avetts. I saw them in Madison last week. I must be an old man in the body of a 22 yr old though, because it was ever so slightly disappointed that they sacrificed the harmony and musical precision for the high energy and screams. I feel like I would have loved that in high school, but I really savor the beautiful lyrics and musical nuances on the records. Would have been nice for them all to translate to the live show, but that's just my own little opinion.

GratefulFrederick
GratefulFrederick
10/30/2009 05:56 AM

I appreciate the balance of high energy/screams with beautiful lyrics and harmony. I think it's really what makes them original. To each his own I guess :)

aalva33
aalva33
10/30/2009 09:13 AM

Seen them five times now and I gotta say each show has been different....equal parts screaming,rocking,bluegrass and tenderness. In the past they haven't been shy about trying out new material at shows.It's been fun seeing how those songs have developed by the time they reach an album. Fantastic band that if you look at the body of work pretty much anybody can get something out of it.

Distraction_420
Distraction_420
10/30/2009 10:10 AM

Have seen the Avetts a bunch of times now, started out with them at a rib festival in NC and have seen them at festivals, ampitheaters, small venues and anything else in between, and they have always put on a good show. Although the sound sucked the one time I saw them at an ampitheater. I was not a fan of The Second Gleam album at all so I was unsure about what to expect on I and Love and You even though I had heard a few of the songs live prior to release. Beyond pleasantly surprised with the new album, I think they nailed it. Favorites of mine from the album are Tin Man, Head Full of Doubt, and Ten Thousand words.

lsamuel3
lsamuel3
10/30/2009 11:49 AM

check out my exclusive interview with Scott Avett over at http://backin15mins.blogspot.com A discussion of all things music.

PCPrabbit
PCPrabbit
10/30/2009 01:51 PM

wow that letterman video is heavy. never thought hearing the word "brooklyn" in a song would give me chills. yeesh.

rainydayman
rainydayman
11/1/2009 08:42 PM

nice

rainydayman
rainydayman
11/1/2009 08:48 PM

Wow, that Letterman video is indeed powerful.

rchasei
rchasei
11/12/2009 12:10 PM

I love this band.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use