Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

28 Total Messages • Page 2 of 2 • « Previous 1 2 
Pigs on the Wings Murphy (STS9) & Weiss (Col Eff)
CrazyleggedDuff
CrazyleggedDuff
10/27/2009 12:21 PM

you crazy bastardo, 'Animals' is far better than 'Darkside.' (imo)

It is going to be hard to top the Frog Brigade's version, Skerik kills that whole performance. Good luck and Jah speed, excited to hear it

Badgerboy1
Badgerboy1
10/27/2009 01:10 PM

umm.....I would much rather see Roger Waters playing at Rothbury then this......Or David Gilmore. this is ok. im sure STS9 will be busy playing every single festival there is in the USA as usual next summer. Interesting to see Murph playing that long thing with strings.

binman1
binman1
10/27/2009 02:12 PM

hey 420harryhood420, Les Claypool was doing this when Umphrey's was in their baby diapers.....and to this day, i highly doubt anyone can play Animals better than Les and the Frog Brigade.....even Page McConnel's cover of 'Sheep' can't hold a candle to Les Claypool....Les has set the bar and i'm curious if mr laptop murphy could even come close to this....he's got some big boots to fill, just surprised he couldn't think of something more creative that has never been done....seems so boring to us adults to recreate something that has already been done.

mattchu
mattchu
10/27/2009 03:42 PM

maby he could maby he couldnt. You wanna guess what he WANTED to do more? I think i know the answer...

21mmer
21mmer
10/27/2009 04:27 PM

fatchance.....just to play devil's advocate: you say that for "adults" it is boring to hear something recreated that has already been done, yet you have 4-5 tribute/cover bands listed under your favorite artists (cubensis, phix, bustle in your hedgerow, etc.). does this not strike you as somewhat hypocritical?

to the general audience......nobody plays floyd better than floyd (not UM, not claypool, not these guys), but i think we all know that the prospects for a "floyd" project(or even gilmour or waters solo) are slim-to-none. personally, i support any talented artists that want to keep the music of floyd alive and well. the video looks and sounds like these guys can hold their own to any of the other bands know to cover floyd.

and, yea, the frog brigade covered a lot of floyd.......8 years ago. now, the frog brigade is no-more (unfortunately) and claypool hasn't done anything that has captivated me for years (except the primus set at rothbury '08).

adubvu
adubvu
10/27/2009 06:19 PM

SAW STS9 IN PHILLY... MAN DO THEY SUCK. HAHA THE ONLY PPL THIS BAND APPEALS SO IS LIL TEENY BOPPIN HIGH SCHOOL KIDS. AND FOR THOSE THAT DISAGREE, MAYBE YOU NEED TO EVALUATE YOUR LIFE..... IT SUCKS DICK I BET. ANYWAY... STS9 WAS GOOD IN 2002.

adubvu
adubvu
10/27/2009 06:19 PM

LOL APPEALS TO**** ^^^^

21mmer
21mmer
10/28/2009 05:43 AM

huh?

laxd1314
laxd1314
10/28/2009 10:29 AM

i think easy star all stars do it better than floyd did.

21mmer
21mmer
10/28/2009 10:45 AM

blasphemy!!

sschaffner
sschaffner
10/28/2009 10:45 AM

love that animals album... must hear this

stoweskier
stoweskier
10/28/2009 01:03 PM

set the controls for the heart of the sun, careful with that axe eugene, and saucerful of secrets are the most experimental floyd tracks that rarely get recognized. watch "live at pompeii" and be dazzled.

stoweskier
stoweskier
10/28/2009 01:11 PM

oh and very keen insight, ADUBVU. Your vocabulary and sentence structure are impeccable. Have you considered writing commentary for "The New Yorker"?

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use