Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

14 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Dr. Dog | 10.11.09 | Boulder
JamBase
JamBase
10/22/2009 12:00 AM

Dr. Dog | 10.11.09 | Boulder
Dr. Dog warms a cold Colorado crowd with lush harmonies and perfectly executed songs...

CoolYourJets
CoolYourJets
10/22/2009 06:36 PM

Worst review I've read in a while.

digmusiccitylive
digmusiccitylive
10/22/2009 07:23 PM

Sounds like the show they played in the NOLA which was hettz. So this is the first year w/o a Dr. Dog album in half a decade, WTF?

music_man86
music_man86
10/23/2009 07:20 AM

i really like these guys, "we all belong" was one of the albums i probably played too much last year.

Chaloupka
Chaloupka
10/23/2009 08:32 AM

So pissed I had to miss this show.

Shanman
Shanman
10/23/2009 09:49 AM

Love these guys. Cannot wait for their show in Chicago this December.

sschaffner
sschaffner
10/23/2009 12:51 PM

great band...

sschaffner
sschaffner
10/23/2009 12:55 PM

deserving of any cover of any silly magazine

staciface
staciface
10/23/2009 02:38 PM

Where can I find the recording from this (or any) show?!?! HELP!

toestothenose
toestothenose
10/24/2009 07:05 AM

Hodgeswm -

The Dog played last night (fri) and Tonight (sat) and then go back into the studio to record a new album. The review doesnt tell you that this is the last tour on the 'Park the Van' label and tonight in Philly is the last show on Park The Van. I am semi-expecting some new tune bust outs before they make their way on to what I believe is Tom Waits label. The next album should be one to watch for each of the past have been very thematic vs their live show that can and do go anywhere. according to McMicken this next album should have more live feel dare I say Jammy even...or at least jammy in the sense of Dr. Dog

Dr. Dog made the Relix cover and grabbed national attention because their albums over the past years have been some of the most amazing recordings and their live shows seriously rock. They have worked their way from the back rooms of Johnny Brendas and the North Star bar w/ 35 people to packing venues on both coasts.

digmusiccitylive
digmusiccitylive
10/24/2009 04:13 PM

toestothenose---

Thanks for the heads up. I would love to hear Dr. Dog take a jammier turn, the live shows certainly suggest that they have the chops. When they played here they played about 5 of their songs with the guys from Rebirth Brass Band. I was joking in my post referring to the lack of an album this year. You don't see too many bands dropping that many albums in such a short time unless its Ryan Adams or Lil Wayne. Dr. Dog is such a prolific band and each album somehow manages to still bring something new and intriguing to the table. Should be cool to see what they have in store in 2010.

jimvrountree
jimvrountree
10/25/2009 08:39 AM

the lyrics "i don't need no doctor to tear me all apart" are from "hang on", not "army of ancients". nice research.

dernest
dernest
10/25/2009 10:35 AM

shitty review...sweet show....amazing band....

the stage setup for these guys is getting bigger and they are putting more energy into putting on a great show and well, go see them if you havent!

mooneystar
mooneystar
10/25/2009 11:29 AM

Just saw these guys at the MassMoCa museum in the mountains of the Berkshires in MA. Trippy location. Great show. Third time seeing them - i will *always* catch them whenever they swing through town (Boston). I really enjoy their energetic shows - the blend of The Band, Beatles, Beach Boys style. They have great chops. They extend some stuff nicely, too i think. But not too much (and I'm fine with that - i'm less into true jambands than i was 10 years ago) They aren't a jam/jazz style improv, outfit but they do stretch out and jam/rock/groove live.

My friend with me, definitely not a jamband fan, was like "man, they hit those grooves and whatnot so nicely, i wish it went on and on even more!" i was like, "dude, you're describing a jam band." ha!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use