Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

54 Total Messages • Page 4 of 4 • « Previous 1 2 3 4 
Leftover Salmon: 20 Years Down River
gazebachaka
gazebachaka
10/30/2009 05:59 PM

I sure miss those good ole' festers in lester out on the river!!!!!!

gazebachaka
gazebachaka
10/30/2009 06:02 PM

I sure miss those good ole' Salmonfests out on the black river!!! Remember the fester in lester?!?!?!

gazebachaka
gazebachaka
10/30/2009 06:03 PM

I sure miss those good ole' Salmonfests out on the black river!!! Remember the fester in lester?!?!?!

Jamie2
Jamie2
10/31/2009 07:03 AM

Saw the Salmon a lot in the 90s. My favorite was when a buddy of mine who went to The Citadel Military College in S.C. had the Salmon play the Citadels senior class fundraiser on 4/20/1994! The Salmon comes out and starts hollering about 420 this and 420 that, just rubbing it in these cadets faces. It was hysterical. Some of these kids were having fun but most were simply shocked to the point that all they could do was watch, mouth agape. It was also the first time my buddy and I had seen the handless dummy/statue that we later named Bert. Some kids from Colorado stole Bert the statue that day and took it kayaking, skiing, mountain climbing, etc. and would send pictures to the Salmon of their adventures. To the best of my knowledge, that is where Bridges to Bert came from. Great guys. Continued success to you all. BTW, they tried to expel my friend from the Citadel but he fought it and won. Claimed ignorance.

stopdropandlisten
stopdropandlisten
11/14/2009 07:27 PM

So, who knows what the connection between Leftover and Ernie(yah know from Sesame St)is?

henscheid04
henscheid04
11/22/2009 06:20 PM

Thank yous Leftover Salmon guys for putting out the polyethnic slamgrass for twenty years now. Halloween 2008 was astonishing and I love the types of tunes those guys throw out!

JHawKS
JHawKS
11/23/2009 08:19 AM

Salmonfests in Lesterville were my window to the scene as well. Every fest i've been to since gets compared but there will never be another band or fest like Salmon. A sentimental favorite that always conjures the best memories. Thanks for all your work on this & get the rest of it to us stat!

JackOfDiamonds
JackOfDiamonds
11/23/2009 10:19 PM

stopdropandlisten, ya mean Bert? Theres the bridge and theres Bert... Anyone recall the El Nino tour with Jim Page...some really good times in bad weather! Still vivid memories from the southeast run.

ADLecos
ADLecos
12/31/2009 01:51 PM

I am wondering why they never refer to Glenn Keefe, the bass player, who was also a founding member and was in Lefthand Stringband with Mark and Drew. He played the first 5+ yrs with the band.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use